IGNORED

Top Box rfor K1200RS

warmshed

Anyone fitted a topbox to the clip on/off BMW base that fits the rear carrier? I have the BMW soft bag fitted to it at the moment but wanted to fit a hard case so my son can use it as a backrest as well as storage. I appreciate the maximum carry weight. Your experiences and fitting hints would be appreciated. Cost is a factor. Thanks Dave.

BMW sell one which is made specfically to mount on the same place as the soft bag. See the photo of my bike (attached) to see what it looks like.

I have been more than pleased with the one I bought. You can fit a full face helmet inside it.

713350-sbk_0003s.JPG.5d217f4cf79229f1bef26c4f571a022e.JPG

Anyone fitted a topbox to the clip on/off BMW base that fits the rear carrier? I have the BMW soft bag fitted to it at the moment but wanted to fit a hard case so my son can use it as a backrest as well as storage. I appreciate the maximum carry weight. Your experiences and fitting hints would be appreciated. Cost is a factor. Thanks Dave.

Yep I fitted a Givi 46l box and it was fine (did several European tours with it) but eventually it fell off due to the rubber on the "claws" of the BMW softcase mount wearing away. I replaced the rubber several times but eventually lost the box and mount somewhere on the road!!

Far better, in my opinion, is to buy the Givi fixing kit for their box. It's rock solid and very easy to fit and use.

I did that and regretted it as the plastic that holds up the package carrier isn't really very strong. Cracks appeared and I had to swap the arms.

So I bought the givi topbox rack instead and then a givi topbox. A much better solution! I've attached a photo of how it looked.

713382-BBH258-1001a.jpg.bfb04d1fc1d3ec2f3d7bf5ab4e48033a.jpg

I did that and regretted it as the plastic that holds up the package carrier isn't really very strong. Cracks appeared and I had to swap the arms.

So I bought the givi topbox rack instead and then a givi topbox. A much better solution! I've attached a photo of how it looked.

I did the Givi rack and a top plate from an R1200GS so I could use my GS Vario bag on the KRS, Works well, I wish the plate was cast aluminium like the Givi though.

Auto

K12GT_Steve

Yep I fitted a Givi 46l box and it was fine (did several European tours with it) but eventually it fell off due to the rubber on the "claws" of the BMW softcase mount wearing away. I replaced the rubber several times but eventually lost the box and mount somewhere on the road!!

Far better, in my opinion, is to buy the Givi fixing kit for their box. It's rock solid and very easy to fit and use.

I did the same thing - Go Givi from the very begining!

Archived