IGNORED

Clutch Switch

dj_nj

Has anyone change their clutch switch. Mine is dead so I need to replace the switch and would like the heads-up on the How-To.

Like.... where does the wire tie into the harness and how do I remove the switch where it connects to the clutch leaver?

I still do not have the replacement part.

The connector is just under the tank. Cut the wires to remove the old one and use a small socket to unthread it. Hand thread in the new one.

Bart Anderson
The connector is just under the tank.

On my bike, the connector was in the left side of the fairing, zip-tied to the fairing frame right next to the connector for the heated grips. Arrowed in the diagram below. Buy a bunch of zip ties...

37590957-M.jpg

russell_bynum

How does it come off the leaver side? Just unscrew the whole part?

Yep.

When I did mine, I just cut the wire so I could slide a deep socket over it and unscrew it. I put the new one in and tightened it the best I could using needle-nosed pliers.

Thanks for the replys.

I had two of them fail and finally just jumpered the wires together. I always pull my clutch lever to disengage the clutch before starting. I have done the same mod to my R100RS and my K1100LT just because it sucks trying to find neutral in the middle of traffic when the switch fails. frown.gif

Mick

Tucson

DavidEBSmith

I had two of them fail and finally just jumpered the wires together. I always pull my clutch lever to disengage the clutch before starting.

Is there a smilie for "banging my head against the wall"? crazy.gif

Archived