IGNORED

Bike Trip to French and Swiss Alps - Report + Pics - LONG

Welshman

Thanks for the quick and enthusiastic response! The trip was great. The riding is technically very demanding but worth it. Some of the sights were great, particularly the road from Beaufort over the Cormet de Roseland to Bourg St Maurice.

Francois_Dumas

Cormet de Roseland, especially the part over Bourg, is indeed a nice and demanding road. I did it once in early spring, and got stuck near the top because of snow. Snow plows were so large that you couldn't pass them... had to back up (going down !!) for more than a mile !

Fortunately I was in a car at the time smirk.gif

PhysicsWinz

brings back many memories. My family and I used to travel to that area and many of the scenes and roads are familiar.

Are marmots rare now? When we were there we saw them frequently.

great pics and commentary--you captured it!

John

K12GT_Steve

Looks like we did most of the same routes and passes and EVEN STAYED AT THE SAME HOTEL!

79553347-L.jpg

How wierd is this - check out my pics - very close to the same angles and views! What a great area to ride. Feel free to borrow any of my pics you want!

Looks like we did most of the same routes and passes and EVEN STAYED AT THE SAME HOTEL!

79553347-L.jpg

How wierd is this - check out my pics - very close to the same angles and views! What a great area to ride. Feel free to borrow any of my pics you want!

The long arm of coincidence strikes!

I recognise most of the places in your photos but some aren't known to me. Any chance you could caption them?

Archived