IGNORED

California SR 36- One of the best.

BamaRider

I just finished this video, still working on the story before posting it on my site, but I'll give y'all a preview.

SR 36 is one of the finest motorcycle roads in the country. 150 miles of greatness- redwoods, mountains, run outs, switchbacks, sweepers and roller coaster hills.

Nice

On Saturday we took Hwy 89 north from Truckee, through Quincy all the way over Lassen Volcanic National Park to 44 then 36 to Susanville, and 395 to 70 and 89 back to Truckee for a late dinner at OB’s in old town.

This was an awesome ride. Green lush forest up and down twistees, and 10 feet of snow still in Lassen got very cold while Sacramento was 102. Did a meager 570 miles that day. And ready for more when my buddy’s rear brake pad went. Had to come home Sunday. Highly recomend this route... Saw only two cops the whole ride.

Passed a fellow RT on 80 Sunday in Sacramento by the Northgate exit riding two-up… anyone we know?

I enjoyed my ride to Mt. Lassen in 2003. Went again last year with my wife about this time of July, and there was still snow all about, even floating on Emerald Lake. I believe that they had just opened the park to drive all the way through. Beautiful.

With apologies to Russell & David who are incredibly fast and, therefore, out front in their videos, there is something magic in being 3 or 4 back and watching the liquid rope of riders through the turns. Great perspective and, as usual, another great video.

We road 36 a few years ago in Sept. while on our way to Vancouver Island. Trying to get to Lassen it was snowing so hard we had to bail off the mountain to Red Bluff. Hoping to go back earlier in the year sometime. Awesome road.

Don't tell anyone,soon everyone will want to ride that road!

Too late! It's been known for some time by thousands. I think there's plenty of road there to share with lots of bikes.

great video while riding. what's up with the long end part of people sitting around at a restaraunt. kinda killed the effect of a motorcycle video.

I made the video mostly for the folks over on the ST site, a smaller more intimate group, that kinda like that sorta stuff, and to put faces with the riders.

Archived