IGNORED

huge (size) helmet quest

flounder

I have been reading here for a while but this is one of my first postings. I am trying to find a flip face helmet that will fit a size 8 head and will accept autocomm speakers. I currently use a schuberth xxxl special order that happene dto be in my local shop, but it wont accept speakers and hurts my forehead after an hour on the bike. any help from other largeheaded riders would be greatly appreciatwed

Schuberth Flip front helmets are only made up to size XXL...and they run small....

I have same problem- ordered a XXXL HJC flip front- its here but I cannot report on noise level yet as I have not used it yet. Havent installed Autocomm in it yet either, but in discussions with selling dealer, was assured that it is not a problem to get the Autocom headset in there. He offered to install gratis, but was concerned about actual ear placement (critical to Autocom) and fact that we are in different states making the fitting difficult.

Huge size helmets are hard to find in flip front- the HJC is the only one I have found that will fit my head, (7 3/4)...

Good Luck

I also have a huge head. I have found the HJC helmets to be the most comfortable for me. I have also found that the quality has been steadily improving. The current CL-SP XXXL I am wearing is one of the best vented, most comfortable and quietest helmets I have worn in 20 years of riding. Although I have not ridden with one of their flip up helmets, my wife has one she wears and likes it quite well. I got my helmets from Helmet City because they keep the larger sizes in stock and their prices are competitive.

When you have tried all the helmets out there and you ended up with one that was close but your head hurts during a long ride you do what you have to do and you compress the Styrofoam withe your fingers to make it fit or if you can get at it you use the dremel to grind it out a bit. Now your helmet fits and your head doesn't hurt and you enjoy your ride.

If I'm not mistaken, HJC makes the CL-Max, which is a budget-priced flip helmet, in a 3X size. I think the 3X size is only available in white and/or black.

As for compatability with ear speakers, all HJC helmets have fairly generous ear pockets.

If you search around, you may still be able to find a Schuberth Concept in XXXL. I bought mine a couple months ago from BMW Motorcycles of Atlanta. They no longer produce 3X, only 2X, which don't fit me.

Gregg

THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP, I HAVE ORDERED AN HJC AND WILL KEEP MY FINGERS CROSSED. I MUST ADD THOUGH THAT SCHUBERTH DOES OFFER AN XXXL HELMET, I AM NOT SURE HOW TO GET ONE BUT LUCKED INTO ONE MYSELF. AND I MUST SAY IT HAS MANY GREAT FEATURES I WILL MISS, HOWEVER IT DOES NOT AACCPET AUTOCOMM SPEAKERS WELL. THE LADY AT THE SHOP WAS GOING TO SHOW ME HOW TO SCRAPE SOME ROOM OUT FOR THE SPEAKERS UNTIL SHE LEARNED THE XXXL DIDNT HAVE THE REMOVABLE LINER. SO FOR YOU SINGLE GUYS WITH HUGE HEADS I WOULD DEFINITELY RECOMMEND IT, BUT FORTUNATELY MY FIANCEE REALLY ENJOYED THE FIVE DAY TRIP WE JUST MADE AND THE AUTOCOMM NOW SEEMS WORTH IT. SHOULD CUT DOWN ON THE PULLING OVER TOP FIGURE OUT WHAT THE HECK SHE WAS POINTING AT!

... find a Schuberth Concept in XXXL...

I tried one of those when they first came out. I nearly tore my ears off trying to put it on. I really wanted one at the time and was very disappointed. You would think a German company marketing a very premium helmet would be able to accommodate those of us with large heads better than an Asian company marketing an economy product, but I have not found it to be the case.

I tried one of those when they first came out. I nearly tore my ears off trying to put it on. I really wanted one at the time and was very disappointed. You would think a German company marketing a very premium helmet would be able to accommodate those of us with large heads better than an Asian company marketing an economy product, but I have not found it to be the case.

You would think........

Well, I may offer a different solution. I have the Schubert C2 in XXXL. Love the helmet - HATE THE NOISE. I came off of a BMW System 4 helmet that I had for 5 years (Loved it!!). The C2 (to me) has a very loud road / wind noise element.

I purchased some ear/plug speakers from 'Now hear this' (Found it on this board). With the earplugs plugged into to their Autocom adapter, I cut back the wind noise, hear my tunes and use the radio. This Autocom adapter they sell also has a volume control.

I want to thank ya'll that accepted a newbie and offered advice. i finallyu got my hjc xxxl and it seems to fit. dont kniw if ill be able to take it for atest ride tiomorrow or if t wil have to wait ill i come home next month. but i will say avoid motorhelmets.com as i paid extra fo next day service and finally got my helemet lte tonght a week later.

Archived