IGNORED

R1100RS fairing removal

flat_twin

Does anyone have a chart or exploded view of an R1100RS fairing? A friend needs help with a new battery. I've never taken a RS apart. I can probably wing it but any info you may have would help. It's an early RS with the bellypan.

Thanks!

I can help you with the short faring part.

There are 3 zeus 1/2 turn screws near the upper faring connection and 1 (maybe more on the fully faired model) socket head bolt mid way down the front edge on the inside. There are also cross point screws on the side of the gas tank that can be seen when the front seat is removed. Finally, there is one more zeus screw where the side panel meets the rear section. The trick here is that there is a small tab on the bottom that interlocks with the rear section as well as the plastic grommet that centers in the rear zeus fastener.

When you see it you'll understand.

Does anyone have a chart or exploded view of an R1100RS fairing? A friend needs help with a new battery. I've never taken a RS apart. I can probably wing it but any info you may have would help. It's an early RS with the bellypan.

Thanks!

Look on the A&S BMW website. They have views and parts #s of the assembly. Neat site. I use the site to get small parts #s instead of waiting for my local shop to look it up.

there are two types of screws. Three normal screws (I believe)and the rest are quick out blades with screw heads.

Don't lose and/or replace any rubber washers to insulate plastic to plastic contact.

Archived