IGNORED

Life's like that

Puddick

Front Tyre done in, back near the limit - Right let's try those Road Attack Tyres everyone's talking about. Up to the Garage first thing Saturday, new tyres fitted, wash the Bike, looking good, cunningly switch back to Family mode ....Shopping, cut the grass etc store up the brownie points for to-morrow, She’ll never see through it, Doh!

Sunday - Edinburgh to Oban, brilliant road, go the long way up through Glen Coe then south down the coast to Oban, blisteringly stunning drive, Fish n Chips on the Prom in Oban, watch the Ferries heading off to the Western Isles, Damn stayed too long, better get a move on or I'll be really late back. Oban to Crianlarich has just some of the best bends and corners ever, pushed the Bike to my limits, I've never gone around corners like that, got a bit silly, but the Bike kept taking it, drive it like you stole it was definitely in play.

I arrived home disappointed the journey was over. Got off the Bike and thought I'd check the tyres, worn right to the edge, Oh yes I am a .......... Oh what! A bloody great nail sticking out of my brand new rear tyre, well I guess that’ll teach me to feel so bloody smug!!

Firefight911

Doh! You had me up 'til that nail!

Darn it, that just takes the air ( grin.gif) out of things, doesn't it?!

Front Tyre done in, back near the limit - Right let's try those Road Attack Tyres everyone's talking about. Up to the Garage first thing Saturday, new tyres fitted, wash the Bike, looking good, cunningly switch back to Family mode ....Shopping, cut the grass etc store up the brownie points for to-morrow, She’ll never see through it, Doh!

Sunday - Edinburgh to Oban, brilliant road, go the long way up through Glen Coe then south down the coast to Oban, blisteringly stunning drive, Fish n Chips on the Prom in Oban, watch the Ferries heading off to the Western Isles, Damn stayed too long, better get a move on or I'll be really late back. Oban to Crianlarich has just some of the best bends and corners ever, pushed the Bike to my limits, I've never gone around corners like that, got a bit silly, but the Bike kept taking it, drive it like you stole it was definitely in play.

I arrived home disappointed the journey was over. Got off the Bike and thought I'd check the tyres, worn right to the edge, Oh yes I am a .......... Oh what! A bloody great nail sticking out of my brand new rear tyre, well I guess that’ll teach me to feel so bloody smug!!

Welcome to the board!

Great roads and great tyres, what a pain you picked up a nail. I have had that happen and it is a royal pain in the backside. You will have difficulty finding anyone who will repair it, BSI do not approve repairs to Z-rated tyres, so you will have to shell out on a new one.

I am a real fan of the Conti's and I am sure you will not regret fitting them.

Andy thumbsup.gif

Main Dealer - £9.95, asked about it being "Z" rated. No problem. Job done! I sometimes think health and safety has more to do with making sure you never make a decision that someone can later challenge with some low life no fee - no win lawyer than actually making sensible risk based decisions. Phew! Glad I got that off my chest. Think I'll go and shout at the News on TV now. LOL.....

Archived