IGNORED

Just a weekend in the smokies..... :)

Lone_RT_rider

Lone_RT_rider

Some people that can barely tollerate me and myself all headed up to the Blue ridge Motorcycle campground this weekend. The weather was about as good as it can get for such a thing, around 80 F and sunny with no rain to speak of. We did a bit of riding in the area on Saturday (370 miles or so). We also had breakfast at the Pisgah Inn, which I highly recomend if you are in the area. Even if the food was marginal, which it is much better than that, I would still go for the veiw and probably will soon again. Some of the roads were a bit gravel covered, but thanks to some combat training from Big-T, I handled that well. grin.gifthumbsup.gif

Here are a few pics of the campground and other things....

My campsite right next to the river....

80726427-M.jpg

A shot from the lodge area.....

80726433-M.jpg

The lodge itself...

80726432-M.jpg

The river I slept next to.....

80726436-M.jpg

A pic from my tent location towards the eatery...

80726431-M.jpg

A few shots from breakfast at the Pisgah Inn....

80726449-M.jpg

80726450-M.jpg

80726452-M.jpg

80726454-M.jpg

As you can tell, I am having a tough time adapting to our new life in the South Eastern US. smile.gif Did I mention that this place is a long 73 miles up 276 over Ceazers head? Man, the things I suffer through in the name of friendship. I hope EVERYONE had as good of a weekend as I did. I intend on dragging Rainy and the family up there in short order. thumbsup.gifgrin.gif

Shawn

Shawn,

Looks beautiful. Guess I need to go take a look. Passed it a few times but never stopped. dopeslap.gif

Kenny Haynes

Nice pics Shawn. I like that campground, and pisgah inn is one of my favorite places on the planet. When you bring the kids up, take them over to sliding rock on 276 if they are water dogs. No better way to cool off on a hot day.

Shawn great pics!

Here is another thumbs up for Sliding Rock! Great place to cool off from a hot day riding. Pack some shorts and flip-flops and you are good to go.

Alan

I was just at the Pisgah a few weeks ago. 276 is a cool road! When we rode it the Monarch butterflies were everywhere...........what a beaufiful ride, through the canopy of green, waterfalls on both sides of the road, and then popping out on the Blue Ridge...............

Archived