IGNORED

Oh, "K"

recyclearoad

recyclearoad

I sold My '04 RT and bought a ice blue and red 2003 K12RS. Oh my goodness, what a MOTOR. The fully linked, power brakes and the long reach to the ground of the RT were the biggest reasons to trade. Like some of the other posters, I lowered the pegs of the K12RS and added bar backs. Also installed a GT windshield. I got the 1200 7/5/06 and have put 500 miles on it so far. Still Re"cycleing".

recyclearoad

When i bought my GT i thought i will never ride my RT again and yip almost true. The only reason why i have not sold my RT is my wife. She rides it now and again but she does love the RT and to be pillion on it. I have imported a high touring screen from Cee Baily in the states and barbacks from pirates lair. But i have also bought a RS Screen without the lip "short screen".

The RS short screen without the barbacks is my solo configaration and the Tall screen with the barbacks is my touring 2 up config.

I like to have wind on me and to push me back in a neutral position without the barbacks. And the standard GT screen with the lip gave me a lot of helmet buffeting.

If i can have my say i will sell the RT and GT and buy the new GT.

Or sell the RT Keep my GT and buy a K1200S.

TCS

Congratulations! I had four years of joy on my old RS...

But I would strongly recommend that you do NOT test ride the new K1200S!!!

Calvin  (no socks)

I have both a "old" K/GT and an new K "S". One is a rocket and one is a sled.

Love 'em both, don't kiss and tell. grin.gif

I have better range on the "S".

2 different machines, sport tour on both. Travel light and quick.

K/GT has 26k. New S has 11k

recyclearoad

When i bought my GT i thought i will never ride my RT again and yip almost true. The only reason why i have not sold my RT is my wife. She rides it now and again but she does love the RT and to be pillion on it. I have imported a high touring screen from Cee Baily in the states and barbacks from pirates lair. But i have also bought a RS Screen without the lip "short screen".

The RS short screen without the barbacks is my solo configaration and the Tall screen with the barbacks is my touring 2 up config.

I like to have wind on me and to push me back in a neutral position without the barbacks. And the standard GT screen with the lip gave me a lot of helmet buffeting.

If i can have my say i will sell the RT and GT and buy the new GT.

Or sell the RT Keep my GT and buy a K1200S.

TCS

Or keep the RT for touring and two-up and sell the GT and buy a R1200S or F800S!
I have both a "old" K/GT and an new K "S". One is a rocket and one is a sled.

Love 'em both, don't kiss and tell. grin.gif

I have better range on the "S".

2 different machines, sport tour on both. Travel light and quick.

K/GT has 26k. New S has 11k

Calvin,

If you'd ever get the GT above 5k rpm's it would be less of a sled. tongue.gif

Did 700 miles on mine today and didn't get kissed.

What'd I do wrong? grin.gif

The RT is a fine machine.

The K's are, well, er, um, uh, you know...

dopeslap.gifwave.gif

Archived