IGNORED

2610 screen pealing

CopsRT

Has any one had an issue with the hard protective coating on there 2610 etc series GPS's screen pealing off frown.gif. Mine is and Garmin says that they are unaware of this happening to anyone elses units. Any one have any idea for a simple fix??

Jerry Johnston

Only had mine 5 months and it's fine - didn't know they had a hard protective screen since they're flexible?

Marty Hill

Happened to me last year and they sent me a new 2610. Someone else got the same result by asking. Try another person/the one you talked to is bs'ing you.

Even though I haven't had to get service from Garmin, those who needed warranty/ repair have been pleased with Garmin's service. They should be able to fix you up.

Happened to my BMW Nav II, which is the same as the 26xx. The guy on the phone at Garmin acted surprised, but I sent the unit back and they replaced the screen under warranty.

No problems since.

Garmin says that they are unaware of this happening to anyone elses units.
I'd have to call BS on that one. Unless it just so happens that all the members here who have had the same problem each talked with a different rep at the shop in KS and we're the only one's having this issue. Mine flaked off in the first year, but I didn't have the sense to send it in before the warranty ran out. I took the rest of it off with a toothpick and it still works, but the adhesive residue is kind of crummy looking and with the many posts about this problem I'm thinking it is a manufacturing defect that should be made right. I'm finally off the road for a few weeks and I'm going ot call them and see what I can do. I've come to rely on the dang thing so much I don't want to travel without it anymore and if I have to pony up the big bucks for their bench fee to get it fixed, well it's still cheaper than a new one. tongue.gif

Archived