IGNORED

David and Russel's Dragon video

Agent_Orange

OK, boring history: You two rode that, it turns out, the day before I got GelStra. I remember seeing the video not long thereafter. LOVED IT! Had no idea who these 2 guys were. Funny to see it a year later, now knowing who these 2 guys are! clap.gif

BTW, David, loved the 2nd video. The Tuono?

BTW, David, loved the 2nd video. The Tuono?

Actually, I did that on the 12GS one weekend. I was a little bushed from riding that day, but figured I'd flip the video camera on just in case I got a clean run without traffic. As it turns out, I did. What you saw is roughly the middle 6 minutes of the full run (which you can see here if that interests you). I don't remember what the time was, but it was decent for the 11 miles--in fact, you really can't go faster than that without outrunning your sight lines. This run felt very safe and comfortable--faster than this makes me (personally) nervous, because you might find anything around some of these corners.

I haven't taken the Tuono on it, yet, but that road is better for the 12GS than the Tuono. smile.gif

Wow! The view was what I knew you cam setup on the GS is but the engine didn't sound like the GS, but that could just be the feed. Man, as fast as you were flicking that thing, I can believe that you couldn't do that any quicker.

Yee-ha! thumbsup.gif

One of the fun things about "flipping" the GS with those big bars is that you can pogo the front tire off the ground during that transition. As you roll back over the 90-degree upright position, it compresses the suspension, and then quickly extends it. Yeehaw. tongue.gif

That is too funny you say that. I swore that I saw front wheel lift in a few of those turns, but doubted that was a "GS thing" to be doing. Way too fun! Maybe some day....

russell_bynum

That was a fun day. I wasn't riding very well (You'll see a couple of places where I make 1 turn into 3 or 4 turns.) but it sure was fun. The Dragon was totally overrated, and surrounded by better roads that nobody seems to know about, but I'm glad I did it.

David, thanks for leading the way that day. grin.gif

Archived