IGNORED

where to get fuel clamps?

KER

can anyone direct me where to get some fuel clamps that dont cost and arm and a leg. maybe something similar to this: 90886133010.jpg

i have checked several auto stores and each one of them looked at me like i was crazy and have never heard of such an item.

Small mini bar clamps available at Home Depot or Lowe's work great for clamping off the fuel lines. Once you're done with the fuel lines they're great for other projects too. Clamp

"mini bar clamp" sounds like something you use in a hotel room when your "friends" come by.

Your Home Depot link doesn't work because it has a session ID, a search for Clamp at Home Depot didn't reveal anything obvious, perhaps you can give us a picture. I need some too.

I too had no luck finding any fuel hose clamps- but I only tried about 3 different auto parts stores. I did not try the only pep boys in town- nor Sears which has got some good auto stuff. I ended up using a folded small piece of cardboard around both fuel hoses with 2 needlenose vice-grips. But, I agree a nice pair of clamps is what you need and nice to have. If sears or pep boys and every other auto parts store in town does not have them, then jump on the web and put in an expedited order for them. What about Napa? Just remembered them.

"mini bar clamp" sounds like something you use in a hotel room when your "friends" come by.

Your Home Depot link doesn't work because it has a session ID, a search for Clamp at Home Depot didn't reveal anything obvious, perhaps you can give us a picture. I need some too.

Perhaps this ?

And yes Bob, you could use a good fuel clamp(or two) grin.gif

i was actually at home depot last night and saw those and thought they would work well. They are $7 each and are very small (not as small as the real clamps). I was thinking about using those and cutting off most of the bar to make them easier to use and leaving just enough to use on fuel lines. Im going to swing by pep boys today and check out what they have. If i find them somewhere else i will let everyone know.

Stan Walker

Refer to Snap-On #YA2850A.

That's exactly what mine look like, even the color red......

I wish I could remember where I got them!!!

Stan

Around here Snap-On has a mobile dealer that goes around the auto repair places every fortnight or so.

Try looking them up and see if they do the same.

Cheers

found some! just got a set over at pepboys that are identical to the snap on ones shown in the previous reply. $7.99 for a pair.

Archived