IGNORED

Sargeant low seat

Darrell Hoemann

Darrell Hoemann

Hi,

I'm looking for someone with experience with the Sargeant low seat for the R1150RT. I'm a little short on the inseam, so the dealer gave me a seat from a R1100RT for my 04 R1150RT and height wise, in the low position it is just right. But now, I'm looking for something a little more comfortable and I have a line on a local fella with a lightly used Sargeant low seat.

I should note that I used the R1100 seat from Illinois to Spokane and back doing 500 plus days. Not great, but I survived. I tried a friends Russell and realized that even with lowered shocks (an option I also consdering) that likely isn't going to happen.

thanks,

Although I can't specifically help on an RT, I am a big believer in Sargent seats. I put one on my '02 GS-ADV, and loved it. Fit, finish, quality and comfort were all high points. And I heard that they got even better as they break in (but I guess that I sold the bike too quickly).

I give Sargent seats in general a big thumbs up.

Tom

chrisolson

Had one on my '99. Nice seat...I liked it a lot. Similar to the narrow nose on the stock 1100 seat which helps to get a foot down but wider in the seat area with more of a bucket. You may even find that after a while you'll even move it up a notch. The guy I sold mine to likes it also...

Frank Cloud

There is not a lot of difference in reach in the low and standard seat. The std. seat is much, much more comfortable. The sarg. low seat is only slightly more comfy than the std. BMW seat.

I just got a low Sargent for my 1200RT replacing the stock BMW low seat...I haven't measured the different heights but I could flat foot it with the BMW seat and I'm tip toe with the Sargent...Both in the low position...The Sargent is wider at the thighs I think, which contributes a lot to the tippy toe..

I just rode a 3 day, 900 miler for the first time on the Sargent and I like it...It's wider in the seat area and no tendency to slide forward...

Phil......Redbrick

Darrell Hoemann

Thanks for all the input. It kind of confirmed that the Sargeant low seat would be better than what I have now,but no miracle...which might be just enough.

I had a Sargent low seat on my 1996 and it was great. I tried the stock seat & the comfort (?)seat with no luck. I just ordered a Sargent low seat for the R1200RT I picked up last week. clap.gif

Archived