IGNORED

A Dark Cloud with a Silver Lining

Joel

A fuller Tale of our trip to and after the UN is in the works. In the meantime, here's a sequence from the afternoon of the last day's ride home.

After a nice lunch with good friends in Steamboat Springs, it was time to head east toward home.

1. CO 14 is usually pretty lonesome. Usually.

80061841-M.jpg

frown.gif Defintely a pothole on the Road to Fruition. My first "performance award" on 2 wheels, and my first in the last 18 years, period. On a stretch of road where NOBODY does the speed limit, EVER, unless it is snowing. frown.gif On the other hand, it is a good thing the Sheriff couldn't page through my GPS. wink.gif

2. A few miles later: Ahhhh .... A pause beneath the Nokhu Crags

80329630-M.jpg

3. Then, after few more of these ...

80329601-M.jpg

4. ... I came upon Bullwinkle having an early supper.

80329619-M.jpg

This area is supposed to be the Moose Capital of America, but in several trips through, this was my first sighting of one here.

5. Finally, the last pass bagged on this trip.

79899623-M.jpg

By then, most of the sting of #1 had worn off.

More later.

Francois_Dumas

Uhoh, I know how THAT feels ! frown.gif

Been able to avoid those tickets so far this year ... !

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs

78 in a 65 zone? $68.50 and 4 points? Harsh Joel! It seems the LEO wanted to emphasize the points as it appears he underlined it a few times. blush.gif

OTOH, you got a pass bagged. How many do you have now? I think I got 14 on my Un Run. smile.gif

78mph? That's all? ooo.gifconfused.gif Did you have a head wind? Or were you stuck behind one of those damn motorhomes? wink.gif

I was going to get a 12GS but now I'm not gonna bother. I was under the impression those could go MUCH faster than 78.

Regards,

Mike O

P.S. That bites...

Steve sez:

78 in a 65 zone? $68.50 and 4 points? Harsh Joel! It seems the LEO wanted to emphasize the points as it appears he underlined it a few times. blush.gif

The truth is, the only reason I was going only 78 is that I was 3rd in a line of 3 vehicles and there wasn't a passing zone nearby. I'm disappointed that he chose to award me, of the 3, but I did the deed, and them's the breaks. I was surprised that the fine wasn't more. By paying it within 20 days, the points are dropped to 2, so I wrote the check as soon as I got home.

OTOH, you got a pass bagged. How many do you have now? I think I got 14 on my Un Run. smile.gif

You had much more "adventure" than I did. Officially (documented -- I signed up the week before), I have 10 from this trip: (Red Mountain, Molas, Coal Bank, Lizard Head, McClure, Lynx (dirt), Gore, Muddy, Rabbit Ears & Cameron). In my haste to get down to Gunnison after my late start, I neglected to document having bagged Kenosha, Red Hill, Trout Creek and Monarch. With a short detour, I could have bagged Poncha, too. While in Gunnison, I went over Cerro at least twice and neglected to document that one. And then, when it was too late, I discovered that Dallas Divide is considered a pass, and I was over that one at least twice in each direction while we were in Ridgway. D'oh! I guess I'll just hafta go back for all those. wink.gif The good news is that all those that I missed documenting are on the route I'd take to Torrey. thumbsup.gif

Peter sez:

Too bad Team Schnauzer wasn't along to protect you! smile.gif

Heidi was a few miles behind me. My first thought, after the expletive I uttered when the LEO's lights came on, was that my roadside interview would not be concluded before Heidi came by in the Bus. It wasn't. I'll let her explain what she was thinking when she passed the scene. grin.gif

Mike sez:

I was going to get a 12GS but now I'm not gonna bother. I was under the impression those could go MUCH faster than 78.

I'm pleading the 5th on what my GPS said my Max Speed was. tongue.gif I keep that data window off the navigation page.

Mark sez:

You folks get it easy!

Agreed. All things considered, I can't really complain.

I had to laugh when I saw that "The People of the State of Colorado vs" stuff. I would suspect that the majority of the "people" in CO could give a rat's you-know-what that you were doing thirteen mph over the speed limit on some road out in the middle of nowhere....

Yeah, I'm a bad man. I have "committed the offense(s) against the peace and dignity" of the people of our fair State. The shame is absolutely crushing me. blush.gif

wink.gif

Archived