IGNORED

Super cool new mapquest function

Deadboy

New to me anyway....you can now put in your starting and ending point (say Sacramento to LA) and then add places you want to travel through along the way!!! I use mapquest a lot and have always figured it was good to have some idea how to get somewhere new even if I wasn't going to follow their suggested route the entire way, but now you can tweak it and add up to 10 location, so (for instance) I can get directions to LA from Sac via Lake Tahoe and Lee Vining all on one map/set of directions....

Sweet........

Another nice one is the Harley-Davidson ride planner. Not only can you add waypoints, but you can pick out roads you'd like to travel.

Mike

Another nice one is the Harley-Davidson ride planner. Not only can you add waypoints, but you can pick out roads you'd like to travel

Will it also let you plug in all the bars along the way eek.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifsmirk.gif

Maps On Us has had this feature for awhile too. the thing I like about Google and LocalLive is that once the map is presented, you can drag it around to see beyond the 'edges'. Neither Mapquest or Maps On Us has that feature. You have to keep rebuilding the page if you want to change scale or focal point. Maybe someday, one of them will combine both features and make online mapping really nice. I've always been surprised that Google maps don't take advantage of the right click at all. oh well....

RonStewart

As I recall, Mapblast used to have that function until Microsoft took it over. I miss it. Might have to switch back to Mapquest. Thanks for the heads-up.

Archived