IGNORED

After-Market Saddle: Can I Look? (SF Bay Area)

echo7tango

echo7tango

That stock seat on my R12RT is literally an excruciating pain in the asterisk. I'm interested in an after-market saddle. Does anyone have one I can check out and maybe even sit on?

My wife and I love riding 2-up, but we loathe that stock saddle. I put a Corbin onto my '95 R11GS and I was very happy with it, but am concerned because their seats weigh so much and they have trouble locking into place. From web sites and pictures I'm probably most interested in Sargent but would be willing to check out other makes. I will want a back rest (passenger only), and my stock seats are heated and I like that feature.

I am in Sunnyvale, near San Jose. Please email and let me know where you are and what you have. I'd really appreciate it, thank you!

Since you are in SF, why not take a short ride down to Corbin in Holister and do a ride in appt. You can demo their seat and if you like it, have them custom make one for you. That is what I did and it came out exactly how I wanted it - and I had them tweak a few things to my taste. By doing it this way you can test the seat before you buy it and avoid any fitment problems.

Roy,

I have a Russell on my R1200RT, and am happy with it. I am in Vacaville. If you would like to see it, PM me.

Paul in CA

'05 R1200RT

You can't beat Russell for service or product..At the present time I have the stock, Corbin and Russell Day Long. I was not completely satisfied with my Russell when I received it so after a few months I sent it back for adjustment..They promptly made it right and returned it to me..The Corbin is good but the Russell is better and Russells service is by far the best! Good luck..If I were you I'd make an appt. and do a ride in.

I have an R12RT and cnanged to a Russell, using the low seat pan. I am very pleased with it, even though I was not able to do a ride-in purchase. They have a fairly comprehensive order form and request pictures as well. I just got back from 3,500 miles and seat comfort was great. I live in San Jose, so if you want to see the seat, pm me and we can set something up. The Russell does have a very different look to it, so you should get a view.

Archived