IGNORED

Current price of an '04 private sale

bigwilliejoe

bigwilliejoe

Hello my friends,

Today I purchased (after much due diligence) my first BMW GT ('04). For those who care, the '03s are selling between US$9,999.00 (Green/Gray) to US$13,999.00 (Blue). Amazingly, the '04s are selling for US$10,900.00 (Blue) to US$15,900.00 (Blue). I laid down $12,500 for a blue w/6300miles and no extras from a Dealer!!!

That $13,999 for an '03 was a dealer that said its because there are very few in Roseville, CA??? Hmm, I bought my '04 in Modesto, CA only 30 miles down the road...dummy.

Okay, what goodies should I get?? I am getting the Autocom Super Pro install for music and communication. What else?

Anyone want to ride from San Francisco to LA with me? Anyone?

Thanks,

B.J. clap.gif

bar risers, pirates lair backrest, piaa 1100x lights, tank bag, and alaska leather seat cover for the really long days. congratulations on purchasing one of the world's greatest motorcycles; hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine. oh, and buy some wrinkle cream to help smooth out all the smile lines you'll develop.

I bought my '04 in Modesto, CA only 30 miles down the road...

Aha, sounds like a Cycle Specialties sale. Seen a few GTs at that outfit advertised in Cycle Trader when I was lookin' to buy in late 2005. Due to the distance between there and here and the current workload at the time, I never got a chance to go out there when they were open. tongue.gif

bigwilliejoe

Ah yes, the bar risers, it has a stealth backrest(any good?), piaa 1100x lights and alaska leathers, hmmm, will have to do a search for the best place to order them. Oh and the tank bag. Sweet. As to the wrinkles I'll wear my full face more....ha.

Thanks, that's what I'm talking about.

B.J.

bar risers, pirates lair backrest, piaa 1100x lights, tank bag, and alaska leather seat cover for the really long days. congratulations on purchasing one of the world's greatest motorcycles; hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine. oh, and buy some wrinkle cream to help smooth out all the smile lines you'll develop.
bigwilliejoe

Bingo!

I bought my '04 in Modesto, CA only 30 miles down the road...

Aha, sounds like a Cycle Specialties sale. Seen a few GTs at that outfit advertised in Cycle Trader when I was lookin' to buy in late 2005. Due to the distance between there and here and the current workload at the time, I never got a chance to go out there when they were open. tongue.gif

Okay, what goodies should I get??

Congrats on the new ride smile.gif

Here's what I put on my wife's 03GT...

Moto lights up front & light Buddy's in the rear to be seen better.

Black reflective material on the un-painted rear sections of the side cases.

Duel horns.

Hoon Hardware reservoir mounts for a GPS & V1(radar detector that will come in handy for this bike).

Big Mak tank bag.

bigwilliejoe

She rides a GT? That is awsome, I wish my wife would ride her own....Ha

Thanks, nice list.

B.J.

Here's what I put on my wife's 03GT...

oh yeah, I forgot about the radar mount. There's a guy on ebay who makes an awesome "gadget mount" specifically for K bikes. It's really nicely made and inexpensive. Got my piaa's off ebay from some jeep store in florida; about $135.00 +/- if I remember correctly. Also, go to powerlet.com and get the stuff to electrify your tankbag. It makes things much neater when plugging in radar detector, gps, heated vest, charging cell phone, etc.

bigwilliejoe

Wow! I wouldn't be surprized to find there's a spritzer shower available for the K... Man, a single guy could almost live on the beast.

Love it...

B.J.

bigwilliejoe

Hello folks,

Getting ready to pick the '04 K up and was considering an extended warranty.

$895 for 5yrs since new which leaves 3yrs

$995 " 6yrs " 4yrs

$1200" 7yrs " 5yrs

I don't plan on keeping it over 2yrs as I expect the '06 will be available and depreciated to affordable levels but you never know.....

Any reason why I buy more that the 5yr (or any at all)?

Thanks for all the good advice so far.

B.J.

3 years is probably sufficient. If you ride a lot, then it's probably unlikely that any sort of potential problem that might develop would take longer than that period of time to rear its head... grin.gif

bigwilliejoe

That's what I figured... thanks.

B.J.

3 years is probably sufficient. If you ride a lot, then it's probably unlikely that any sort of potential problem that might develop would take longer than that period of time to rear its head... grin.gif

Archived