IGNORED

Home again!

Marty Hill

Marty Hill

I'm home. Bike just arrived on Air France cargo from Paris.

9 1/2 weeks/7921 miles and 10 countries visited.

Beautiful sights/friendly people and I was able to meet 4 couples involved with BMWST.com.

Brian and Bella in Germany. Bart and Caroline in Belgium.

Francois and Nina and Miriam and Erik from the Netherlands.

Was lucky to be in nurnberg with Brian and Bella when Germany won a game...what a party!

Flawless trip if you don't count the burned out headlight bulb...which I will not! grin.gif

Now to the garage to unload the bike and give it a full service.

See some of you in Torrey! thumbsup.gif

Paul Mihalka

Welcome back - I envy you!

In Europe the miles don't count - there is so much to see so close together that you don't go any distance compared to good USA. They don't have a Kansas to cross to go from here to there. grin.gif

Paul Mihalka
Egypt can keep their pyramids: we have Marty Hill!

-Eff

Hey, Marty is not a Sphinx (yet)! grin.gif

You lucky dog! I remember when you were toying with the European trip 2 years ago at the Hangar Hotel.

Welcome back Marty--I hope to see you in Texas sometime soon.

ericfoerster

Marty who?

You were dropped from my vocabulary when you announced this trip. tongue.gif

Glad to have you home again and look forward to seeing you soon thumbsup.gif

Lone_RT_rider

Your back? I will call your local Starbucks and have the warn all the ladies about your return. smile.gif

Shawn

P.S. Welcome back ...glad you had a good time. thumbsup.gif

Firefight911

Welcome back! Glad all went well.

Looking forward to seeing/meeting you at Torrey! thumbsup.gif

K12GT_Steve

Sorry we could not hook up this trip. Hopefully you will make the trip again and things will not be so busy for me here in Germany!

Glad that you had a great tour!

Steve

The highways and bi-ways of this great country are glad your back......they/we missed ya.....not to mention coffee shops and cafes everywhere....

Whip

Glad you made it back safely, and have all those great experiences and pix to catalog.

So, where's the next trans-national trip, and when?? clap.gifgrin.gifclap.gif

Hey Marty, Glad to see you made it back safe and sound. I'd love to see more pics, and get some recomendations on any must see bits of Italy. Only four weeks left 'till Tuscany!! clap.gif

Thaddeus

Welcome back.Full service?? I though you'd be picking up a new one with that kind of mileage on it!

I thought the need to replace the headlight bulb would have been enough to scrap the bike grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Welcome back

Global_Rider

Marty,

Does this mean you won't be back for more next year? Was this a once in a lifetime ride?

Global_Rider
Recomendations on any must see bits of Italy. Only four weeks left 'till Tuscany!! clap.gif

Thaddeus

I hope you get to ride the SS12 between Maranello and Lucca. Fun road! And while in Maranello, check out Ferrari while passing through.

Marty Hill
Marty,

Does this mean you won't be back for more next year? Was this a once in a lifetime ride?

Alex,

I did say that but I'm keeping the steel pallet just in case. grin.gif Probably back to the swiss alps and north into norway/denmark/finland and sweden.

Phil,

I'll be in room 14 at the chuckwagon.

Paul,

It is small/left the hotel in Austria-passed into and thru a piece of Italia and ate lunch in S/land.

Steve,

Maybe '07/will stay in touch.

Thad,

Maps and garmin card will be mailed on monday. All my fave towns in Italy will be on the card. Have a wonderful time with the wife in Italy. Both of you will love it. thumbsup.gif

Thanks all, it was a wonderful trip. clap.gif

Phil,

I'll be in room 14 at the chuckwagon.

.....and I simply DARE you to block his bike in. grin.gifgrin.gif

Welcome home Martay. Really good to hear your voice yesterday. thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Marty Hill

I'll never be off the hook on that one...and I shouldn't be! dopeslap.gif

I'll never be off the hook on that one...and I shouldn't be! dopeslap.gif

Yea, watch out for Martay....he'll pimp slap a woman and not think twice. eek.gifeek.gif

Fasterpill

So now that you're back, isn't it time to liquidate the GS and buy a new GT? I want to be first in line to buy the GT from you next year. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Welcome back Marty.

How does Monday AM at your Starbucks look for a get together and a live Ride Tale?

I understand if you decline, I could scare some potential "customers" away dopeslap.gif

Marty Hill

Ken,

I'll be there from 0730 to 1000. Probably on the RT-P. doubt that I'll be done with the GS service till later in the week.

See you there.

steve.foote

Welcome back, Marty. When you get some spare time, how about getting together one-on-one for some retirement lessons? The more I think about it, I think it's probably better to skip directly to retirement status instead of working for the next twenty years.

Your thoughts?

grin.gif

Marty Hill

Steve,

First you have to be a lazy SOB. blush.gif I qualify, do you?

You need to be lucky...I am. grin.gif

All in all, I'd rather be your age and working. dopeslap.gif

Now, doesn't that make you feel better? wink.gif

steve.foote

Alright, I'll take that as a consolation prize. grin.gif

But, you still live the life of Raleigh. thumbsup.gif

Jacqueline

All in all, I'd rather be your age and working. dopeslap.gif

It is what it is.... so don't waste any time thinking differently.... just enjoy the moment, and Marty I think you are thumbsup.gif.

Global_Rider
Alex,

I did say that but I'm keeping the steel pallet just in case. grin.gif Probably back to the swiss alps and north into norway/denmark/finland and sweden.

I've been gone for a while and haven't been in forum contact, but did you get a chance to head over to Corsica?

This was my first time over to Corsica in my 12 consecutive years of riding here and I can't believe I waited this long. It was worth the hassle of having to take the ferry over...actually, the ferry ride over and back was very enjoyable.

Sardinia and Sicily are on my list.

SteveHebert

Hey, I want to get in on that twenty year skip plan. Good idea Steve! If only I could skip the next twenty days and get this house finished dopeslap.gifbncry.gifbncry.gif.

Marty, your suite is not quite finished. It only needs the floor covering.

Glad you made it home safe and sound and I look forward to the lies, er tales I mean. tongue.gif

Hey Marty,

Welcome back!! Glad to know that you had a great time and looking forward to all of the tales in Torrey !!

Marty,

Welcome back.

Would you mind looking for my Master Card?

I think I left it out by the hot tub when I was paying for the pizzas.

I haven't reported it stolen yet so enjoy using it, sort of a rental payment for using the Marty Hill resort while you were gone. wink.gif

I put the key back and will replace the chandelier soon.

2444325960084293614SYJmik_ph.jpg

Thanks. tongue.gif

Welcome home, Marty! I hope Tim hired a better cleaning service to tidy up you place this time. I look forward to hearing about your trip. What's a good night to get together?

Wow! What a bunch of great screwballs...hi Tim! grin.gif

Chris, I'll call in a few minutes.

Rich, more pics when I find some kind soul to post them.

Norah, I'll be the one at the chuckwagon with the tin cup and the monkey. dopeslap.gif

Well he's baaaack, and the U.S., to say nothing of Atlanta, will never be the same.

Hey Marty, please post both pictures you took when you get a chance.

Cheers, see you in Torrey!

Archived