IGNORED

Precision Maneuvering School

Kannon

Has anyone taken the "Precision Maneuvering School" in Durham, North Carolina?

( http://www.motomark1.com/Services/PMS.htm )

I am always interested in new programs to hone my skills, but before I spend $600.00 (300 each for wife and self) plus $150 for two nights lodging I would really like to hear from someone who has taken the course. I have taken the Lee Parks "Total Control" school and enjoyed it, so now looking for another class to try. Anybody know any thing about this class?

I've taken it a couple times and I've done some work with MM1 to boot. It's a really good course. You will leave exhausted and proud of how you got that way. The class is based upon the 80 hour Motor Officer course used in NC (and other places I'm sure). Keep in mind (and take advantage of it) that when you take the PMS that you can come back again for free within the next 12 months.

I took an equivalent 80 hour CHP motor school in 1989 and the training kept me safe through 9 years of urban warfare enforcement riding. Low speed full lock cone pattern work and non-abs threshold braking is where the real riders are separated from the wannabees. Anyone can ride a motorcycle straight up and around twisties.

motorman587

I am a police moto instructor and a "train the trainer" and I can say that a police moto school is probably the best motorcycle course you can take. Reading the instructors bio's I would say this course and price is a go. thumbsup.gif

I REALLY would to take a class like that! The price sounds good, but I really would NOT like to use my own bike!

That would be a good time to have a used RTP with the crashbars! smile.gif

I would think for me to get the most out of the class I would have to drop the bike at least once (at least it worked that way in the dirt), but then I've never taken this kind of class...

I REALLY would to take a class like that! The price sounds good, but I really would NOT like to use my own bike!

In the parlance of the 'next' generation, "True that!" Or is it 'dat'?

but I really would NOT like to use my own bike!

IMHO, I feel that you get more using your own bike, than a borrowed model. You leave feeling confident on your machine.

IMHO, I feel that you get more using your own bike, than a borrowed model. You leave feeling confident on your machine.

The only potential problem being possibly dropping it while attempting some instructor-ordered maneuver... grin.gif

Archived