IGNORED

Central Oregon Over the 4th

BobsST

We did some riding around Central Oregon over the long weekend. On the 2nd we did the Aufderhiede Loop and the the Old Mckenzie Hwy. 242. The first pic is on 242 on the way up to the summit.

Auf2.jpg

Next is at the summit.

Auf13.jpg

The Motly Crew at the summit and the Dee Wright Observatory w/ N. and Middle Sister in the background.

Auf14.jpg

On the 4th I did the Century Drive loop out of Bend. This is South Sister from Sparks Lake.

Mt.jpg

Next is Mt. Bachelor from Sparks Lake.

Mt-1.jpg

Last one is S. Sister, Middle, N. and Broken Top from the West Village parking lot at Mt. Bachelor.

Mt-2.jpg

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs

Cool beans! The Mt Bachelor pic is spectacular! Hwy 242 is rather unforgiving if you run off the road, eh? Still, very interesting to look at. Thanks! smile.gif

Last May 28th 242 was still closed for the winter when i rode through there, thanks for the pictures. Aye, I do love those Sisters, naughty girls though, sleeping with a Bachelor thumbsup.gif

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs
Aye, I do love those Sisters, naughty girls though, sleeping with a Bachelor thumbsup.gif

Hyuk, hyuk. grin.gif

Wow does that bring back memories of just a few weeks ago. 242 is a killer road with seemingly no end. Then, suddenly, you're at the end at hwy 22 in Detroit Lake. The photos I too were neat because I'd never been two feet from snow in late June. Great pics guys. You had a blast I'm sure.

Mountain_bike2.jpgMountain4.jpg

Mountains.jpg

Cool beans! The Mt Bachelor pic is spectacular! Hwy 242 is rather unforgiving if you run off the road, eh? Still, very interesting to look at. Thanks! smile.gif

Know this road well,as I spent 30 plus years in Eugene.

You're more likely get run off the road by an inattentive RV'er,such as nearly happened to me a few years ago!

JR356

Nice pics, BobsST. The background in your Motley Crew shot looks familiar [hint: my avatar]

Next time you head over, I'd be glad to hook up with you.

You saw the some of the highlights. There are more cool.gif

Also, a great return to Portland area is up Breitenbrush road [running from Detroit Lake on Hiway 22] and then following the Clackamas River to Estacada.

Thanks for vivid reminders why it's great living here

Fasterpill

Missed you guys by a day. Richard (hootowl) and I were twisting the day away on Saturday. Traffic was lighter than I expected, thankfully. I am going to miss that route!

Archived