IGNORED

ContiRoadAttack

Glacier_g_rt

Best tyre I ever bought. Great grip, wet or dry. Quiet, comfortable ride, good turn in.

Life is shorter than some - I got 6K compared to my usual 7K on Bridgestones but in the UK they are 25% cheaper so work out as a bargain to boot.

Andy

Well, I don't have any personal experience with them, but I spend a bit of time on the Ducati forums, and the Road Attacks are getting great reviews from Duc ST riders. Several have gone from the Avon Azaro's, which always seem to get high marks, and they are saying they like the Road Attacks better. Initial wear comments indicate they wear similar to the Avon's with riders expecting 6-7K, which is good considering I'll only get 2.5-3K on my Michelin Pilot Sport rear tire. Road Attacks are what will be going on my Duc...not sure about the RT yet (guess I'll follow this thread thumbsup.gif).

The Conti tread design does not look like it would be very good in the rain. It's almost a slick.

Wet grip is stunningly good. I have touched down peg feelers in the wet without any pucker. I also did a stop test wet and dry as I do with all my tyres.

Dry I got a 1 foot high stoppie before the software caught up, wet it was a few inches followed by a rapid stop with no further ABS intervention.

Andy

Glacier_g_rt

Thank you John L. and again thank you Andy. $30 cheaper than the Michelin Pilot I've been running, good reviews, and this forum's input make me want to try it out. Ordering today. clap.gif

Andy,

Does the UK Conti look like this?

I, too, don't understand how this could be a good wet tire. However, if this is the tire you're talking about, I'll take your word.

Bob

230314458_710069-Conti20road20attack.jpg.2cd683a31a7bdc470956b03b6320d757.jpg

Bob, that is them, and I can vouch on what Andy said. They are an excellent tyre. They warm up real quick, and are give excellent grip in the wet. thumbsup.gif

Bob, that is them, and I can vouch on what Andy said. They are an excellent tyre. They warm up real quick, and are give excellent grip in the wet. thumbsup.gif

Ditto - & it does rain over here, as you may have heard. thumbsup.gif

Andy,

Does the UK Conti look like this?

I, too, don't understand how this could be a good wet tire. However, if this is the tire you're talking about, I'll take your word.

Bob

As George and Martyn said, that is the tyre. I have just got back from scrubbing in my second set.FWIW, I think they are also one of the best looking tyres available grin.gif

Andy thumbsup.gif

Good enough for me. I don't see rain much so having a tried tire may offset a few of my weaknesses in the wet.

Bob

Archived