IGNORED

Need alternative for BMW airfilter for '02 RT

Willie

I checked out the parts archive and didn't see any alternate air filter numbers for the 1150 RT. Are there any available that I could pick up at Advanced Auto or someplace liek that? Thanks, Terry

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs

Why do you want a different filter? Oiled filters have been shown to allow more particles in along with the increased airflow. If you need to replace your filter, try removing it, knocking the dirt off of it and using both a vacuum and an air nozzle on it to clean it up a bit. This will get you some additional life until you can get a branded filter.

I'm not sure he meant an oiled filter, just a standard paper alternate similar the many alternate oil filters available. And if that was the question... I'm not aware of any Fram / Purolater / etc. aftermarket replacement for the BMW OEM air filter. Luckily it's not that expensive so I would just pick one up the next time you're at a dealer.

Just needed a stock type while doing my 18k checkup. Forgot to order one with my last parts order. I wanted to have a fresh one in before my TBS, butr I'll just clean up my old one for now. It's not too bad. Thanks, Terry

Archived