IGNORED

OUCH!!!

BMWRich58

Mark Menard (Vita Rara)

Rich, so sorry about the Adventure. Happy that you are ok to ride another day. You're a very lucky man. Go buy a lottery ticket.

Mark

gettysburg

Am I missing something? They guy never explained why/how this happened.

Was it "pedal misapplication" like with the Audi5000(1980's) or Jeep Chrokee(1990's)?

ShovelStrokeEd

From my reading, it appears he low sided the bike at speed and probably on a curve. He mentions sliding along and the bike running ahead of him into the wall. Guy is used to sport bikes from some other reading and the lack of traction available on those knobbies just might have bitten him. Particularly if he was riding in the wet. Glad he is mostly OK. Pity about the bike. He only had it a couple of days.

From my reading, it appears he low sided the bike at speed and probably on a curve. He mentions sliding along and the bike running ahead of him into the wall. Guy is used to sport bikes from some other reading and the lack of traction available on those knobbies just might have bitten him. Particularly if he was riding in the wet. Glad he is mostly OK. Pity about the bike. He only had it a couple of days.

Thats what it sounds like to me. Note the road rash on his butt, very much indicative of a low side and slidin down the road. OUCH! Glad you're ok!! thumbsup.gif

gettysburg

What you said makes sense. When other people have posted accidents, they tend to describe what happened; sort of a caution to others, who might find them in a similar situation.

It is a shame about the bike. Fixing the cosmetic bits will probably cost twice as much as replacing the para-lever shaft drive.

I think you will find it was a journalist on a BMW UK demo bike.

"Thorne, near Doncaster" is mentioned in the write up, that is the main BMW ditribution centre in the UK for cars and bikes. The road he mentions, the A54 is in the Peak District National Park, and as he says, he was near the Cat and Fiddle, which is a pub, ontop of the Cat and Fiddle Pass.

thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Archived