IGNORED

NEAM GeoCache

KTsRidin

Hi All,

The "Not East-coast Any More" GeoCache has been set!

Ride to: N45 12.567 W085 32.915

Then walk toward the lighthouse. Go past it and past the Fog Signal Building. Walk along the trail until it turns rocky and splits in two 79833748 . Look to your left for the big bush 79833756 . At the back of the bush look for the cache!

Enjoy the scenery getting to the site. Note that this is in a state park and you may be asked to pay an entrance fee (it was $8 for me today).

You all asked to move this around, well, I'm headed to North Dakota and then Canada, but I thought that might be a bit much.

ENJOY - I sure have. In fact, I'm having a bit of separation anxiety.

Cheers,

Kirsten

Sorry - I can't seem to get the images to load. Any help would be appreciated. In any case, I think this can be found without them.

Can't wait to have a GeoMeet thumbsup.gif

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs
Ride to: N45 12.567 W085 32.915

Then walk toward the lighthouse. Go past it and past the Fog Signal Building. Walk along the trail until it turns rocky and splits in two 79833748-M.jpg . Look to your left for the big bush 79833756-M.jpg . At the back of the bush look for the cache!

There you go! smile.gif

Thanks for the fix and the PM ---- now, you guys need to get out there and this is baby. I'm still having separation axiety crazy.gif

Chose the site partly because it is on the "All American Lake" and, after all, it was Independance Day thumbsup.gif

Have FUN!!!!!

• 1 month later...

The NEAM Geocache is on the move again.

Road up to the Gand Travers Lighthouse yesterday and picked it up.

Total mileage for the round trip from my house was 1025 miles completed in 19hours.

Would have beem much more comfortable on my R12RT but they still have not sorted out the immobilizer fault yet, so I tackeled it on the R1100S! It sure could use a softer suspension, those Michigan roads are terrible!

I will be posting a new location soon.

Not sure if I will place it in S.Ont or back in the northern states, any prefferences?

730054-R1100s.JPG.22e2b7a057f1825b9edac16ba406b122.JPG

Not sure if I will place it in S.Ont or back in the northern states, any prefferences?

Just make sure it heads south before winter grin.gif

Just make sure it heads south before winter grin.gif

Hey! That will be up to the rest of you! wink.gif

Wherever I leave it it will be furthur south than where it was.

The ride up was good although I could have done without the traffic around Travers city.

Had a good tome watching the DVD, but the MP3 disc is, well...... different!

Now I just have to decide what to add to the GeoCache, I guess it will have to be something Canadian eh!

• 2 months later...

The NEAM GEOCACHE has a new home!

Sorry that it took so long but the day I picked the geocache up my Dad had a heart attack, so that has put extra duties on me untill his health improved. All is well now and I was able to get out for a few days to move it south.

The new location is:

40 50.314N

077 25.520W

39c8scd&.dnm=ea67scd.jpg&.src=ph

39c8scd&.dnm=9d3ascd.jpg&.src=ph

Once at this location walk 26 paces down towards the end of the road.

39c8scd&.dnm=e893scd.jpg&.src=ph

Keep to the left and you will come to two small tree stumps, one right on the edge of the road and the other at the top of the embankment.

39c8scd&.dnm=847dscd.jpg&.src=ph

Stand at the top of the embankment between the two stumps and look for the large moss covered rock at about a 45 deg angle to your left.

39c8scd&.dnm=35c2scd.jpg&.src=ph

The geocache is hidden right beside this rock.

39c8scd&.dnm=4f90scd.jpg&.src=ph

Actual coordinats of the rock are:

40 50.308N

077 25.511W

Good luck!

Just one warning! some of these roads are best suited to a GS, but I arrived on my RT and took the worst road. Watch out for the rocks!

Previously I have travelled this road on my Kawasaki Concours and my buddy was on his Vulcan Drifter!

OK I can't get the images to load either!

This is my first try at adding images so any help would be appreciated.

Yahoo do not allow hotlinking to images on their site. You will need to use something like ImageShack, Photobucket or SmugMug. The first two give free hosting, the third has a small annual fee but has more features.

HTH, Andy

Lets try again.

The NEAM GEOCACHE has a new home!

Sorry that it took so long but the day I picked the geocache up my Dad had a heart attack, so that has put extra duties on me untill his health improved. All is well now and I was able to get out for a few days to move it south.

The new location is:

40 50.314N

077 25.520W

neam1.jpg

neam2.jpg

Once at this location walk 26 paces down towards the end of the road.

neam3.jpg

Keep to the left and you will come to two small tree stumps, one right on the edge of the road and the other at the top of the embankment.

neam4.jpg

Stand at the top of the embankment between the two stumps and look for the large moss covered rock at about a 45 deg angle to your left.

neam5.jpg

The geocache is hidden right beside this rock.

neam6.jpg

neam7.jpg

Actual coordinats of the rock are:

40 50.309N

077 25.511W

neam8.jpg

Good luck!

Just one warning! some of these roads are best suited to a GS, but I arrived on my RT and took the worst road. Watch out for the rocks!

Previously I have travelled this road on my Kawasaki Concours and my buddy was on his Vulcan Drifter!

2004_1023Image0003.jpg

• 4 months later...

Okay - so, are we banned from going for a GeoCache that we've already moved? Somewhere I remember reading something to that affect, but I'm not sure.

I've just gotten back from riding nearly 2,000 miles in Mexico (total blast) and think I could make the run with my RT after some of the "challenges" we go through south of the boarder.

Thoughts?

Kirsten

Geez, the weather has turned to crap.... think I'll hold off a week or so.....

Go get it Albert!!!

• 1 month later...
Knifemaker

Go get it...after handing it off to you in Alabama last year I would like to see it back in Florida again.

Go get it...after handing it off to you in Alabama last year I would like to see it back in Florida again.

Amen to that.

I'm tired of these DamnYankees who take the cache and don't let others play with it. smirk.gif

grin.gif

Ben_Ricci

Amen to that.

I'm tired of these DamnYankees who take the cache and don't let others play with it. smirk.gif

grin.gif

I tried to get it south of the Mason-Dixon line back in December, but wussed out after dropping my bike in the mud. Tip: Whoever decides to go after it, take the long way around. dopeslap.gif

• 1 month later...

What!!!! no action here tongue.gif

I can't believe it,one of you florida guys needs to ride up one afternoon and get it movin.. clap.gif

RandyShields

Just wondering if anyone has kept a list of the Geocache travels and trustees since Big T started this mess?

Archived