IGNORED

VStream Windshield

Anyone have experience with Ztechnik's VStream windshield? I am not sure how it compares to the stock windshield (or other models) in size or performance.

Brian Smith

I bought one a couple of months ago. I could not be more happy. Not only was it less expensive than the other aftermarket windscreens, it offers much better, less turbulant airflow to the rider. I was able to actually turn down the volume on my XM ToGo and E-6 earplugs. Not just a little bit, but a lot. For a retail price of $179, this is probably the best modification I made to my 1150RT. I am 6'4", and it is just right for me compared to the stock windscreen.

skinny_tom (aka boney)
I bought one a couple of months ago. I could not be more happy. Not only was it less expensive than the other aftermarket windscreens, it offers much better, less turbulant airflow to the rider. I was able to actually turn down the volume on my XM ToGo and E-6 earplugs. Not just a little bit, but a lot. For a retail price of $179, this is probably the best modification I made to my 1150RT. I am 6'4", and it is just right for me compared to the stock windscreen.

Well then, I guess that satisfies my curiousity about it too. Especially since I'm the same height as you.

Sounds great. I am 5' 10" so I need to to check into it a bit more, I would like to be able to see over the shield. I am encouraged about your comments. Thanks.

Me too....I'm 6'0" and ride with rhe seat at its highest setting. Do ya think I'll be able to see over it?

I've got one as well. I'm just about 6' and can easily see over it with the seat at medium height. It can be raised about half way up before I'm looking through it There is less buffeting than the stock tall windshield. As it is "cut in" at mid height you do get a bit more air on your elbows. Not a problem but just different. It's also a well made piece that fit perfectly.

Can anyone speak to passenger comfort improvement? I have to say this screen really appeals to me, but the missus is concerned that there wouldn't be a significant improvement for her.

Archived