IGNORED

Cabin for a Week

David

We rented a cabin for a week over the holiday. It was on a bluff in Monteagle and had some beautiful views:

cabin19.jpg

cabin22.jpg

cabin23.jpg

cabin20.jpg

From there we did day rides between long stretches of relaxation.

cabin24.jpg

cabin25.jpg

cabin16.jpg

There was some great hiking nearby, also on the bluff with great rock ledges and the sound of streams below.

cabin14.jpg

cabin6.jpg

cabin21.jpg

Jonathan, our oldest, joined us for a bit. As did his roommate and new fiancé.

cabin18.jpg

cabin17.jpg

We popped over to the aquarium in Chattanooga.

cabin2.jpg

cabin26.jpg

cabin27.jpg

cabin5.jpg

cabin15.jpg

cabin13.jpg

cabin4.jpg

cabin3.jpg

As well as a butterfly farm.

cabin11.jpg

cabin10.jpg

cabin12.jpg

cabin7.jpg

cabin8.jpg

cabin9.jpg

And then came home to a turtle in the driveway.

cabin1.jpg

Not as much riding as we'd like because of the rain, but it was still a fun time.

What a wonderful spot for a cabin. Thanks for sharing your excellent pictures. My in-laws have a place in the north Georgia mountains. It's a beautiful part of the world.

Your very fortunate to have a wife that enjoys motorcycling...or at least tolerates an occasional sight seeing trip.

When time permits, I'd be interested in knowing what sort of jacket she is wearing and how she likes it.

Glad you enjoyed the pictures.

The jacket is a Motoport Ultra Cordura, sized XXS. She likes it quite a bit.

StretchMark

Nice pics! Did you find any nice properties for sale in the area?

Man, Jonathan is starting to look a lot like you now that his hair is buzzed.

Nice pics! Did you find any nice properties for sale in the area?

We looked at a bunch of things, but nothing resonated. Too much money or not enough land. But it was nice to be here a week and see if we liked the area, which we do.

You every ridden through Grundy county? After we did, I started asking around. The roads are fun, but there's really significant poverty in that area. Not a single hospital in the whole county. Not even a single fast food operation--not that that matters. Just a lot of Tyson-affiliated chicken farms.

Man, Jonathan is starting to look a lot like you now that his hair is buzzed.

He will not be happy to hear that. smile.gif

Lone_RT_rider

You every ridden through Grundy county? After we did, I started asking around. The roads are fun, but there's really significant poverty in that area. Not a single hospital in the whole county. Not even a single fast food operation--not that that matters. Just a lot of Tyson-affiliated chicken farms.

I rode through Grundy on 56 a month or so back. That was the weekend I asked for some routing help from you and you sent me down 30 (Wonderful road!). Anyway, Grundy is pretty well renound in that area for being a rough place to live. My friends that live in Franklin county are constantly making jokes about the place and I really didn't believe them until that ride. I passed a charity carwash with a bunch of cheerleaders holding it. I never knew that cheerleaders would need that amount of dental work.... crazy.gif

Shawn

Archived