IGNORED

Where can I find the best retailer to purchase a Shoei helmet

Bear1

I need to replace a 5 year old Shoei helmet. Any suggestions for a retailer with the best prices and service? I don't mind waiting a week or so for the helmet to arrive.

I need to replace a 5 year old Shoei helmet. Any suggestions for a retailer with the best prices and service? I don't mind waiting a week or so for the helmet to arrive.
Try www.newenough.com. They sell Shoei and other brands too. Good prices and service.

I've bought three helmets from motoemporium.com I've never seen a better price on all 3 helmets anywhere else. Make sure you go through the whole ordering process when figuring actual cost.

I've had great experience with my local Cycle Gear store for helmets. It's nice to be able to try on a helmet and wear it around the store for a while. Plus, they have a 30-day exchange policy on helmets, so if you find it doesn't quite fit even after using it a few times, you can bring it back. Not sure if all the stores have the same policy, but it's a great one, and I will happily buy from them again.

Here are their stores in TX:

http://www.cyclegear.com/stores/location_tx.cfm

I'm always in favor of supporting the local dealer that takes care of my bikes if the price is reasonable. You get to try it on and walk around for awhile, maybe even a test ride.

It seems all of the internet shops I have checked all sell the helmet for the same price, at least when it comes to Shoei. I was hoping to find a shop that had great customer service and a little best price than all the others. Is there such a place out there?

OldBoldPilot

Here is a great source for Shoei helmets at a good discount, but you need to phone them to get their real prices. I paid $435 including shipping for a Shoei X-11 that retails normally for $100 more plus sales tax.

You can also try this eBay store, which is also one of the few online sources for deep discount Arai helmets. The guy can get you whatever you want, and is pretty responsive to e-mail questions. Unlike Helmet Harbor, he does charge a nominal fee for shipping, however.

Hope this helps.

Philip

• 2 weeks later...

I order a helmet from Helmet Harbor. They were very pleasent to work with and answered all of the questions I had. Plus, the price they gave me for the helmet was approx $200 less than list retail! Shipping is free and they seem to have a pretty generous return policy. Helmet should be here next week.

Bear,

I've ordered 4 different helmets from Helmet Harbour over the past 3 years. I'm a very satisfied customer with this outfit. thumbsup.gif

Archived