IGNORED

Wearing M/C clothing all day, when off bike

90RedRider

90RedRider

I am considering buying some riding pants, like the Savanna or Santiago pants by BMW. Also would consider the Lite and Easy pants as I have that jacket and like it. What I would like to ask from those that have something like this but not limited to these only, Can you comfortably wear these all day if you are at a rally or bike event and walking the street. Heat is my main concern. I have overpants for cold weather and rain, but trying to pack lighter looking for pants that when cold could wear long underwear under but in warm weather not. What do you wear for protection with some style and comfort if you have to wear it during the day . Thanks for the input, Sid

wrestleantares

Custom made jeans liners.

I buy jeans a little large in the waist and about 3 inches longer inseam.

My tailor makes me a liner for the jeans out of a comfortable material - not sure of exact material blend, but it is light and very breathable. The Knees and Hip area of the jeans are reinforced with leather panels. My tailor sews these with the seams, so exterior wise the jeans look stock. The liner has pockets for my armor - knees and hips. And buttons are installed on my jeans at hip - knee seams, and cuff.

My tailor also made lines for me out of flannel for cold weather riding.

ShovelStrokeEd

BMW Summer pants, I've worn them all day many times. They kinda look like a pair of chinos and are not all that hot, cooler, in fact, than jeans. Should you get caught in a sudden shower, they dry much faster as well.

I usually wear a pair of Olympia "Recon" transformers pants. You can zip the legs off and make shorts out of them if you want though I've never done it. I like the cargo pockets on the front. They do alright in a light rain but they are not waterproof pants.

My BMW Airflow 2 pants are much more comfortable (to me) sitting in the office all day than the Summer pants they replaced.

The BMW summer pants are $182 at my local dealer and come in black or sand (beige). They are Cordura 500 (according to a few BMW sites) and have adjustable knee armor. I think you can special order the hip armor if memory serves me correct. That's a reasonable price for anything with Cordura 500 which is supposed to be the minimun safety fabric and weave for bike clothing from what I've read.

BMW Summer pants (in black and Tan), Airflow 2 Pants, Olympia Mustang (looks like jeans) in Black and Tan. I like that the BMW summer pants zip off at the knee to become shorts. I just pack my sneakers or flip flops and I'm good to go.

My BMW Savannahs I would not wear all day. They're a little more form fitting, and look wasy too much like riding pants.....

Archived