IGNORED

R12ST owner and saddle

kukari

Hi!

Just decided that the R12ST which I was test driving couple of weeks is a keeper. So it's mine now clap.gif

only thing I am thinking I can improve is the saddle. But it seems that nobody sells Saddles for R12ST? Is this true or am I just missing something? confused.gif

Jim VonBaden

Nope, it is true.

One thing that helps is to put the front in the high position, and the rear in the low position.

Jim cool.gif

only thing I am thinking I can improve is the saddle. But it seems that nobody sells Saddles for R12ST? Is this true or am I just missing something? confused.gif

Actually, Rick Mayer Cycle will build one for you. I'm expecting mine by the end of this week. I think mine is the first (they actually bought the pans so they could do mine on an exchange basis), but Rick's got a good reputation. I'll report back here once I receive it and give it a test sit. wink.gif

I've noted that the OEM saddle does soften up quite a bit after a couple thousand miles, making it more tolerable. However, I still find it a painful experience, after a couple of hours in the saddle. Using an Alaska Leather sheepskin pad helped quite a bit, but it's not a cure-all.

Mike, any chance you'll be at the MOA rally ?

I won't be there, but I know Rick Mayer will be. His website indicates that it's the only rally at which he'll be making deliveries.

I'll do my best to give a full report back here, though.

Nope, it is true.

One thing that helps is to put the front in the high position, and the rear in the low position.

Yes, I tried that before my 350mile trip home and that works out ok, still a little rough but tolerable smile.gif

As others have pointed out, Rick Mayer custom builds saddles for the R12 bikes. Same is true for Russell Day Long. I thing Wunderleich(sp?) and Cee Bailey also sell saddles for R1200RTs as well as perhaps other R12s.

Archived