IGNORED

Release Candidate #2

Brant Herbert

Brant Herbert

Okay, I've got all of Jake's latest edits integrated, and the registration form is working. I'd like to ask that you each pound on this for a few minutes and check that nothing funky happens. Any final comments, shoot 'em my way. I specifically would like each of you, if you have time, to go through the registration form and submit a registration. I don't have anything that reports on the registration data yet, but its trivial from this point. There'll be an "admin" URL that will summon some stats on current registrations (attendee total, by state, totals for each meal). Stay tuned for that.

Off to bed. If all is well, we go live tomorrow smile.gif

So have at it: Release Candidate 2

I did the form, Brant. Didn't have time to read through the rest. MurrayG, Bearden and I are hard at work scouting the rides. Having fun, too!

Brant Herbert

I dropped the curtain on the site. URL is http://bmwsporttouring.com/unrally/ which is the URL David announced way back. If someone bumps into this by accident today before we announce, no harm.

I had to do this NOW, since I have a thermal problem with my cable modem connection -- midday, when it gets too hot here, my modem can't negotiate a connection, so I'm off-line midday till about 7-8 pm when it cools off some. SO, its ready for an Official Announce whenever someone wants to give the word. If there are any updates coming and I get them before I loose comm, I'll get them in. Otherwise, I'll make the corrections tonight. I'm working on the registration form "admin" reports now, and I can get all that working local.

Someone PLEASE do a complete run-through of the site at the new URL. Also, if there's an emergency today, you can call me at 602-799-1739, not that there's much I can do till I come back online again.

Fantastic work Brant! I just ran through every last word and link and everything seems to be working great. You threw in some new spit and polish I didn't expect, and it looks better than ever.

I'm going to post the link to the main page now.

MODERATORS: David asked if someone could sticky my post. It's going on the main discussion page for now.

Thanks!

Done. I registered, and noticed that there is no way to see who is registered and from where. Does this feature not exist? I think we were able to view this on previous registrations.

Brant Herbert
no way to see who is registered and from where

Check out: Registration Inspector.

This gives a quick dump of the raw registration objects and some filtered views. Not pretty at the moment, but functional. Do we want to provide this info to everyone, if so then I need to spend a bit more time putting a nice dress on it.

I think so, but don't burn the midnight oil to do so. Amazing that the comments already in there are similar. I think this info is helpful to other members making plans.

Archived