IGNORED

More member praise

chrisstroh

chrisstroh

There's another fine gentleman that has gone beyond the call of duty on this forum named hedge36 (Scott Yeager). I had a surging issue that bothered me enough to consider selling my bike. He convinced me it was only fine tuning and after finding out he lived here in Petaluma, Calif. he came over last Sunday and in about 2 hours had my bike running better that when I bought it!

He also renewed my confidence in human nature to come help a total stranger. We need more like him thumbsup.gif

chrisstroh

The throttle sync was the real fix, which seemed complex to me, but it ran fine and then we removed the CCP because it wasn't needed. I'm going to run it today and will know more. I considered myself a fair backyard mechanic, but after watching Hedge work I felt like a mechanical third class witch doctor tongue.gifdopeslap.gif

Thats what i like about internet forums,you are not alone smile.gifApart from participating on this board i`m also a member of the Motobins forum here in the UK,since joining 3yrs ago i`ve made two close friends and a whole number of people from around my country who i can call friends.We help each other personaly when we can or with advice if they are too far away.We also arrange regular meets (which we call gabfests)where we renew old friendships and make new one`s.

Good luck to you all,Del

chrisstroh

Ok, Im convinced. She runs great! Granted there's a little surging here and there but it's hands down the real solution to the problem. I wouldn't have believed that the sync and TSP adjustment would have made that much of a difference. I'm happy. grin.gif

Aw, shucks grin.gif

Chris, I'd be willing to bet that touch of hunting you're getting is because one set of valves is just a touch off. Or it's driveline slop on the low end (God knows we get a bit of that, eh?). My RT-P still has a bit of it (never had it on the GS), but I hardly notice.

I have a silly theory also that a system-wide voltage drop when the brake servos kick in might take a second for the Motronic computer to accomodate.

chrisstroh

Hey Scott, Yea it happens mostly at the low end, a slight hesitation. But I have to guard against putting a microscope on this, because I've been sensitized on how it ran before. My friend Joe and I took his Guzzi and mine out to Valley Ford for breakfast, then to Nicasio. Lots of twisties and straights, and it was great! Like I said before when I used to think the bike felt like it was overwinding at 4 to 5 k, now it seems perfectly normal to run it in that range because of the lack of vibration.

Was that you I saw on Mcdowell on your RTP that I waved at? wink.gif

More'n likely. We ran up to Bodega Bay this morning and are scheduled to be at the mom-in-law-to-be's this evening...

Archived