IGNORED

Whip goes to NYC

Whip

Kinda....I road my RT to Palm Pennsylvania(Mrs Whip home town)to see Louise(Mrs Whip) who is taking care of your mother during a difficult time.....It has been a busy 6

weeks for me....Torrey then an extra fews days chasing FlyinGreg around Utah and Colorado....Gunny chasing PhillyFlash, Master Yoda,BenciaGT, not to mention being Limecreeks wingman for 3000 miles...get home for 2 days and head to Pa. to see Louise......and then leave the RT in Palm ...go to NYC help a friend(college roommate) move from

The West side 64th and West End back to Houston Tx where he and his family belong...almost 10,000 motorcycle miles and 2000 in a moving van....150 in a limo thumbsup.gif

I was supposed to leave Monday mornin at 10am when the shop opened...the new shocks were ready and waiting....I didn't leave until 4pm....the bike would not run....it had a bad idle valve....they ended up stealin it from another bike so I could get goin.....I road late into the night and the next mornin tryin to make up for lost time.....leaving the next day I notice my rear tire looked funny...it didn't have any tread left...I hadn't check them in a long time since I had taken the FJR to Gunny and the RT was sitting at the shop for 6 weeks waiting for new shocks I didn't think to check....Little Rock BMW was close so I spent a couple hours there getting new tires....The nicest people in the world...owners wife(Lynn) took me to lunch...they let me sleep on there couch and what TV while they pulled someone off another job to help me....I can not say enough good things about these people.....anyway it was another late night because of all the time I had lost....now for some pics....

Crossing the Mississippi

79215795-L.jpg

79215801-L.jpg

Playin around somewhere

79215807-L.jpg

I wasn't expecting this....but it sure was a fun way to see NYC

79215830-L.jpg

We just came out of the Lincoln Tunnel I had never been to NYC... who are all these people and why are they following us......

79215838-L.jpg

People just lay down where ever they land

79215891-L.jpg

Where the World Trade Center was..hard to imagine what that day was like.....our driver told stories everyone should hear....The city was in Chaos..

79215950-L.jpg

Louise loves "The City"

79215858-L.jpg

A fish outa water...I don't understand why she didn't want to ride on the back of the bike instead of in the Limo...

79215974-L.jpg

Someone from "The City" must have been to Torrey .....Labyrinth

79215926-L.jpg

Still being followed

79216044-L.jpg

Lunch at the Carnegie Deli...I don't think I've ever spent $60 on 2 sandwiches and a piece of Cheese cake before...

79216007-L.jpg

The cake was good...I'm not sure about those pickles

79216001-L.jpg

Still there

79216012-L.jpg

We had dinner in Hells Kitchen...it not the same as it once was....we had already been to every bar my friend had ever visited and things were getting blurry....it's not the camera... this is really how it looks after 25 drinks...

79216130-L.jpg

79216159-L.jpg

79216141-L.jpg

79216163-L.jpg

In the Mornin they were waiting for me

79216234-L.jpg

Before leaving we finnaly lost em

79216049-L.jpg

Back to Louise home and the ride back in the van ...we took a couple pics of Louise's Mom's model A and my RT.

79216377-L.jpg

It was a long slow ride back to Texas...When we finaaly pulled up in his driveway in Houston the kids had put yellow ribbons around all the trees....he had lived in NYC for five years..it was only gonna be 1 year when he left.....They were really happy their Dad was home...

79216394-L.jpg

Whip

Nice story (and great meeting you at Un). I'm not a fan of the big city either. It's cool for about the first day and then the sheer volume of people just wears on you. The other thing of noticed is I've become accustomed to adjusting my internal compass based on where the mountains are. Here in Colorado, I just glance a direction and immediately know where I'm headed. In NYC, there's so many buildings, I was constantly trying to figure out WHICH direction I was going.

You should have hopped into one of those cabs (that was following you grin.gif). Those drivers are a trip!

Regards,

Mike O

Francois_Dumas

That was funny Whip !!! These Newyorkers must 'have it in' for both Texans and Dutchies... the same guys were following me too on my visits !!! dopeslap.gifdopeslap.gifsmirk.gif

Dennis Andress

Hi Whip, wave.gif

On the way to Gunnison you said: "I never take vacation - I'm either working or riding." It looks like you are trying to live up to those words.

Welcome home! That Model A is pretty cool. Is the RT in NY or did you bring it home in the moving van?

I forgot to ask...so how long did it take to get use to the twin after coming off the FJR? crazy.gifgrin.gif

chrisolson

A fish outa water...

79215974-L.jpg

A classic understatement ... but there's just a hint of a smile saying its all good anyway. Sounds like a great experience both on and off the bike!

Firefight911

A limo? Preparing for the presidential election? What's with all the secret service in taxis?

Oh yea, you blend! grin.gifgrin.giftongue.gif

Greg

It took a couple hundred miles to get back to ridin the RT... without wondering if both cylinders were workin....or if all the nuts and bolt were tight...

I left the RT in Palm Pa.....I'll fly up to Palm in August and we'll start our Nova Scotia trip from there...

Whip

It took a couple hundred miles to get back to ridin the RT... without wondering if both cylinders were workin

grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Heater_Guy

I left the RT in Palm Pa.....I'll fly up to Palm in August and we'll start our Nova Scotia trip from there...

Whip

When did Palm get an airport?? I would think your only choices would be ABE or Butter Valley golf course/ airport in Bally. Unless there's room to land in Brown Printing's parking lot. grin.gif Just kidding. I was just in Palm last week. I needed a pic for a grand tour I'm doing of all towns with tree names. Used the sign by the Carriage House Restaurant. Let me know if you are free for any ride time on your next trip to Palm. wave.gif

Whip

When did Palm get an airport?? I would think your only choices would be ABE or Butter Valley golf course/ airport in Bally. Unless there's room to land in Brown Printing's parking lot. grin.gif Just kidding. I was just in Palm last week. I needed a pic for a grand tour I'm doing of all towns with tree names. Used the sign by the Carriage House Restaurant. Let me know if you are free for any ride time on your next trip to Palm. wave.gif

I was thinkin about landin on MaCoby Run Golf Course...it was farm not too long ago..

Whip

AdventurePoser

Whip,

You are a riding god....I bow to you. Great story, pix, and Gleno is right, you are hilarious!

Hope to see you soon, my friend.

Steve

Whip said Still being followed (taxi picture)

and

Still there (another taxi picture)

Hilarious! clap.gif

(I've been here 20 years and they're still following me!)

------------------

Chris (aka Tender Vittles )

Little '77 KZ400 in the Big Apple

Black '99 RT for Everywhere Else, such as ...

310287-mar2004.gif

Whip,

You are a riding god....I bow to you. Great story, pix, and Gleno is right, you are hilarious!

All true. Glad to see that Larry isn't working all the time. Matter of fact, when does he work, exactly? So far this year he's been to Death Valley and back, to Torrey and back, from Green Bay to home again, just in time to head to Gunnison and back, before heading to PA, after which he'll be going to Nova Scotia -- and I'm probably overlooking something. I need a gig like his! cool.gif

Larry, sorry I missed you at Gunnison. Thanks for checking in on Heidi while I was held up. Our best to Mrs. Whip and her Mom.

Whip,

From all the trips you've taken this year it sounds like your job is riding. $60 for two sandwhices and cheese cake? eek.gif So the pickels were free then? tongue.gif Loved the pics of course the people following you in NYC, they know were you live and now they know where your bikes are parked. wink.gif Next time you fine yourself in Arkansas give a shout and we will treat you to a $7 sandwhich. wave.gif

Archived