IGNORED

Boots

wrestleantares

wrestleantares

I hate buying shoes. Hate it, hate it, hate it.

Anyway, I need new boots. Here is my list of stipulations:

1. Bona fide riding boots

2. Not much higher than ankle height. Sure a couple inches higher, but not mid calf or anything like that.

3. Nice looking. Something I can wear to work - which means no velcro pads, or weird proturbences. The BMW all-around looks nice.

4. For touring.

Any thoughts on a good pair of boots.

wrestleantares

The BMW dealer near me has some really cheap boots $50.00 (they are clearancing them). I do not know the brand. They are some chinese made deal with the dealer logo. I tried on a pair and bought them, they will make a good extra pair for the price. I'll wear them for weekend riding and such, as they can definately not be worn for work.

We bought my wife's boots at the HD dealership. They have a really good selection of women's gear that is harder to find. I looked for some for me there, but could not find any I liked that did not have the HD logo.

wrestleantares

Extreme - they are the closest to me, albeit the worst.

But then I was just picking up some oil filters, so how good do they have to be?

grin.gif

The boots are okay. A little more sport oriented (and look up your size on the internet if you do not know european sizes).

Get the boots you like for touring comfort (not looks at work), that's where you'll appreciate it the most.

I keep a pair of tennies under my desk and change into them at work. thumbsup.gif

wrestleantares

Comfort is priority, but I want both.

You see, I like boots. So I would love for them to be boots that look good enough for work.

Bought a pair BMW Protour boots $325 less 20% off dealer coupon. Didn't want to pay that much but wanted better ankle protection. When I put on my old Cruiserworks boots it feels like I'm wearing sandals.

Archived