IGNORED

I saw a GS strapped to the back of an RT today.

steve.foote

steve.foote

Yep, that's what I saw today. A couple of friends and I were exploring the SE corner of South Carolina this morning and stopped at the world famous Harolds Country Club in Yemmassee for a quick drink. While we were chatting away, in rolls a biarritz blue R1150RT with an R1100GS STRAPPED to the back of it! I kid you not.

I've never seen anything like it. It turns out that the rider is a fellow named Blair from North Carolina and he is in the process of taking the GS to his son, Thomas, in Daytona Beach, FL. Judging by the license plate on the GS (Alaska), Thomas must be quite an accomplished rider. thumbsup.gif

I told Blair about BMWSportTouring.com and hopefully he will check in when he gets to Daytona Beach. So, if you see an 1150RT with an R1100GS strapped to the back, give him a wave and tell him RightSpin said hello. wave.gif

707670-gsonrt1.jpg.1c1ca271420d07e0b53a0bb057a25f48.jpg

Chrish1234

grin.gif

I just ordered one of those for my best friend's son. It's a present for his first birthday cool.gif

Can't get them started too early, eh? He may have to grow into it a bit, though grin.gif

Chris

Well at least he doesn't have it on a trailer with tassles hanging off the handle bars.

I hear they've been selling tassles like hotcakes to a bunch of guys in ATGATT at certain dealers lately dopeslap.gif

dayum, RS, you got me!!! Glad I didn't read down to the responses...my eyes are popping out of my head reading your post.

Good one,

S

ROTFL!!! As I'm reading the post I'm trying to figure out how it would be possible to strap a GS onto an RT. Got me good. Great post! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

AdventurePoser
Well at least he doesn't have it on a trailer with tassles hanging off the handle bars.

I hear they've been selling tassles like hotcakes to a bunch of guys in ATGATT at certain dealers lately dopeslap.gif

At least..... grin.gif

Steve

Hi Steve-

Really enjoyed meeting you guys. I'm going to try and get back to Harold's - next time, when they're taking steak orders! wink.gif

I've attached (hopefully) a pic of Thomas on his GS.

Timmr - I ordered the GS from my local BMW Dealership.

708348-thomas_on_gs.jpg.de625476444401d7444e7a9d00a81420.jpg

Timmr - I ordered the GS from my local BMW Dealership.

I you get it without ABS it's the bike at the lowest price point clap.gif

I you get it without ABS it's the bike at the lowest price point

Funny! thumbsup.gif

Heated grips and seat are standard...but only when it's sat in the sun for at least an hour grin.gif

steve.foote

Hi Blair, I'm glad you were able to find the site. Lots of good folks here and tons of excellent info.

It was really cool meeting you at Harolds. It's such an out of the way place, hardly anyone (who isn't local) knows about it. Cris-crossing the back roads is what sport touring is all about. And, yes, we need to meet there and have a nice juicy steak. cool.gif

The whole GS on a RT thing really made for a great story. Here are all the pics which captured the moment and finale:

707670-gsonrt1.jpg

707671-gsonrt2.jpg

708348-thomas_on_gs.jpg

That looks like one happy little boy and well worth the efforts to bring him his new GS. thumbsup.gif

Blair, again it was nice to meet you. If you are passing through Savannah on your way back, let me know and we'll roll out the welcome mat. smile.gif

Archived