IGNORED

Passenger floorboards for 1100RT?

firemedic

I am looking to make at least one of my bike passenger friendly and the RT is the once (who would have guessed. I am very new to BMW and still finding all the sites, but I am unable to find anything on passenger floorboards for the RT. I would like to put some on. Are the mounts the same as the ones on the K1200LT? Any info would be great thanks.

There was an article in one of the national BMW club magazines about a year ago on how to do this. At the time I did it for my wife since she was having severe feet problems on and off the bike. I don't have the information on the floor boards where I'm at now but I believe that I have a note in my home computer about which ones they are. I bought them at a Harley dealer. The floorboards themselves did not require any modification. I had to make a couple of sleeves and spacers from what I remember. When I get home I'll see if I can find the information that I have.

There was an article in one of the national BMW club magazines about a year ago on how to do this. At the time I did it for my wife since she was having severe feet problems on and off the bike. I don't have the information on the floor boards where I'm at now but I believe that I have a note in my home computer about which ones they are. I bought them at a Harley dealer. The floorboards themselves did not require any modification. I had to make a couple of sleeves and spacers from what I remember. When I get home I'll see if I can find the information that I have.

I'd like that info too!

My Pillion needs something like that and I just looked at the Illium site and $368 seems pretty steep. As I recall from the BMW ON magazine article the Harley ones are MUCH cheaper. I can't find the magazine though.

Bought mine used... seems to be a fair number out there (people moving to newer models?)... so you can get them at a much more resonable price.

I thought that I had a note in my computer about the floor boards but I don't seem to be able to find it. The only thing on the floor boards themselve is Tour Ease. I don't believe that this is the brand name, just the model. I will keep looking for some information. Right now all that I can find is that they cost me $43.25. I did get them at a Harley dealer special order.

Seeing I have a Harley and get all the part books and visit the dealer quite often, could you take a picture of the passenger boards? I could find out what they are.

I'll take a picture of them sometime this week, probable Wednesday. I'll have to find the camera and charge the battery, plus I'm working 12 hours Monday and Tuesday.

Firemedic,

I sent you an email with the scanned article from BMWON. In it, they describe how to use the Harley floorboards on your RT. Hope that helps.

thumbsup.gifThanks! Looks like this is the best and cheapest option. I was not in the mood to spend over $300 for passenger floorboard, I also can't believe there are not more options out there confused.gif. And doing this for under $50, and look pretty good to thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif I converted the file so I could post it so who ever wants it could get it. If you need a bigger version PM and I will send it to you.

708316-floorboardsRTsmall.jpg.cc6dee8f0037cae7194b75e1034102a3.jpg

Doesn't it look like the floorboards are at the wrong angle, shouldn't they angle forward instead of rearward?

• 1 month later...

No, I completely forgot about it. I have since taken them off of the bike. I didn't care for the way they looked and my wife's feet got better so she didn't need them.

Sorry

Archived