IGNORED

2000 R1100RT Throttle Body Sync Question

Santron

OK, really basic question here: To do a throttle body sync of my 2000RT-P, the procedure in the book doesn't say anything about removing the farings, but I don't see how you can get to the things without removing them?

Yes, both side (and the bottom) fairings must be removed. While you are doing it, keep track of what screws came from where, as I'm pretty sure that you will have screws of varying length. Also, check that the "clips" that the screws fasten to are securely fastened at their correct locations. Otherwise putting the fairings back on can be a bit of a hassle. A loose clip can fall off (I know this from experience dopeslap.gif). You will sometimes need to use a pointed object to align the clip with the screw hole.

OK, and then onto the TBS procedure itself….

The answer to your question is usually. There is a removable panel at your right shin on RT's that you can access to attach a manometer, and see where you are. There is a hole just above the panel that allows you access to the airscrew. But unless it’s a minor idle adjustment you probably want to check everything out and remove the covers.

Joe Frickin' Friday
The answer to your question is usually. There is a removable panel at your right shin on RT's that you can access to attach a manometer, and see where you are. There is a hole just above the panel that allows you access to the airscrew. But unless it’s a minor idle adjustment you probably want to check everything out and remove the covers.

I've never understood why that setup exists. How can you adjust throttle and/or sync without access to the bypass screws, the throttle adjust screws, and the vacuum ports, on both cylinders? confused.gif

Stan Walker

I've never understood why that setup exists

It's really very simple. On the original RT's (1996 model), all the cable adjustments could be made from the left side. By having the removable right side kick panel and the hole to access the right side air screw, only the left side tupperware needed to come off.

Stan

Archived