IGNORED

Panniers: BMW vs Touratech

Ahu

Im trying to find a good set of panniers, im curious what everyone thinks about BMW's model (20 - 31 Expandable) versus Touratech's model. Any thoughts?

Oh, and one more question if I may. Has anyone strapped a kiteboard to their bike? Im curious to see how this is done.

Thanks again!

Bill Fowler

I had Touratechs on a GS and loved them. You can just about go nuts if you look at every type and brand that are available today.

GreggBates

Jessie's for me. Had them on my GS along with a rear compartment and plate. The plate was perfect for strapping my Helen 2 Wheels bag on along with tent, sleeping bag, Therm-a-rest and the manditory Kermit chair! Helga(a good stout Bavarian female name)was a real two wheeled Humvee, pop-up-camper, and a squid pisser-offer on roads like the dragon. (especially with those big aluminum boxes on) If you do like I did you can save a few hundred by purchasing from Al Jesse's scratch-and-ding page. Mine were perfect as far as I could tell, must have been the slight "lemon peel" in the paint in a couple of spots.

You'd never know!

Gregg

Archived