IGNORED

She is Running!

NewtomeR850R

NewtomeR850R

Well after much tear down and putting back together, the bike is running and running very well (it had been sitting for a year and a half). Replaced the fuel lines, fuel pressure regulator houseing, plugs, air filter (replaced with "Blue" filter), oils, rear tire, got the tank resealed due to a leak, fuel filter, and fuel pump screen. Drove it today and these bikes are truly amazing, so quiet and so smooth, they beg to be drivin! Next will be a new seat and numerous Wunderlich doodads. This site has been a great help in this process. Thanks to all for their .02 cents. thumbsup.gif

Firefight911

Congratulations and good job!

Sounds like a project almost complete. Now all we need are the pictures and the ride tales!

WooHoo!!! thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Drove it today and these bikes are truly amazing, so quiet and so smooth, they beg to be drivin!

You could not be more correct...........long periods of no riding are more harmfull than neglect and riding.......never allow a BMW to languish in the garage......if you can't ride it, sell it to someone who will.

Congratulations.

Tell me more about the fuel tank leak? Details please.........

NewtomeR850R

well, did my first cruise with her, about 75 miles down to a Tavern that attracts quite the motorcycle crowd. Saw some really neat bikes and had a blast, bike is amazing on all types of road conditions.

The tank had a pin hole leak in the front left corner. So i was going to get it welded, but when the bmw dealer did a pressure test it was good...so that was a bit weird, they ended up putting a new seal in the tank, its a plastic type instead of a paint (like the factory). Turned out great, just put some primer over the place that i wire brushed to find the leak and it looks perfect. Quite happy.

Can't wait to do more riding!

Archived