IGNORED

TomTom Rider GPS

hacjac

I've been looking at the Tomtom Rider for use on my '03 R1150RT. The mounting kit appears to be designed to clamp on a round handlebar. Has anyone tried to mount one on an RT and if so, how did it work?

Hi

I have just purchased the Tom Tom Rider, I have the 1200RT which is the same as the 1150 as far as mounting goes. I ended up using a Ram kit from Cycle Gadgets, part RCB-CHB-HDW+MIR plus RAM-COMP RAM-COMP-CH (this part I used to attach to the back of the Tom Tom mounting bracket) plus an arm. I'm going to order a longer arm as the one I have hides too much of the computer screen at the moment.

I found the mounting arm supplied not of much use with the RT.

thanks

Kanga

Thanks Kanga. Let me know how you like it once you get a chance to ride it a bit.

wink.gif

I have had the Tom Tom for just over a week, and for the price (900 Aussie dollars) I like it a lot. I also have a Navman (twice the price of TT) which has more detailed maps but it's not waterproof and the shape is not as good as the Tom Tom for bike use.

The blue tooth kit is ok providing you don't have much wind noise on the bike, it's a bit hard to hear at speed, and although the graphics are basic they are very clear. I don't see how anyone can use the touch panel with gloves on if you are trying to type in an address, but I guess that should be done before heading off anyway. I also like that you can use it off the bike as well.

So far I would recommend, I have just picked up a Nolan N102 helmet which states it's compatible with the TT rider, but i'm waiting to get the blue tooth component for the helmet to see if that improves the voice output, will give an update later if your interested.

thanks

Kanga

Archived