IGNORED

What I did on my summer vacation

beemerboy

Beemergirlfriend's nephew was to be wed the weekend before the UnRally and since I was invited I thought I'd ride up rather than cage it. The end destination was Bozeman, Montana and I took the "scenic" route up and the expedient route back.

It was a rather uneventful trip except for the scenery, no foul weather to speak of, no LEO encounters, no mechanical issues. Life is good!

Near Muddy Gap, WY.

nearMuddyGapWY.jpg

About 20 miles from the south entrance to Yellowstone.

nearsouthentranceofYellowstone.jpg

Grand Tetons.

theGrandTetons.jpg

Near the entrance to Yellowstone.

nearYSentrance.jpg

At the northern part of Yellowstone.

northendofYSnearMT.jpg

The bride & groom about to say the "I do's."

weddingphoto.jpg

Self explanatory.

weddingcarriage.jpg

I love architecture. This is the old Magistrate's office near the north entrance to Yellowstone.

YSMagistratesoffice.jpg

Self portrait (note to self: do not hold expensive camera in the slipstream without a FIRM grasp of said camera!).

selfportrait.jpg

I returned on a Sunday and spent Monday doing some final tweaking of the RT and packed for Gunnison with Deb riding pillion.

At the first scenic overlook on the Million Dollar Highway outside of Ouray.

MDH1.jpg

And this is the view down into the canyon about 500' away.

waterfall.jpg

Deb at the Red Mountain Pass rest stop.

beemergirlfriend.jpg

About ten miles outside of Telluride on the way back to Gunnison.

nearTellurideII-1.jpg

While in Gunnison I discovered another use for a top case grin.gif.

HPIM0925.jpg

We had a great time and look forward to next year's UnRally!

Grand Tetons.

I was scrolling quick so I didn't see the title immediately, but I already knew where that was taken the moment I saw it. That mountain range is absolutely unmistakable.

Grand Tetons.

I was scrolling quick so I didn't see the title immediately, but I already knew where that was taken the moment I saw it. That mountain range is absolutely unmistakable.

I agree. The first time I ever saw the GT was when I first saw the movie "Shane" and he's riding up into the mountains at the end of the movie with the little kid yelling for him to come back. What a striking way to end a western!

For those Grand Teton fans out there here's another photo sans KRS:

GrandTetons-1.jpg

bart_vanreeth

Very nice Randy. Some good shots.

Grand Tetons ? smile.gif In French it means something like "big breasts"... funny name for mountains.. smile.gif

Very nice Randy. Some good shots.

Grand Tetons ? smile.gif In French it means something like "big breasts"... funny name for mountains.. smile.gif

Thanks, Bart. Yea, I've heard that is the "loose" translation but any way you look at 'em they're still beautiful, right??? He he he..... blush.gif

I had the pleasure of working on a guest ranch right at the base of the Tetons. Stays with me today as one of my favorite parts of the world. And of course I darn near drove off the road staring at the scenery on the 550! Thanks for the pics.

Archived