IGNORED

Eymotic Earphones

RMPLE

Can anyone comment on which of the models is best for m/c use? In addition, how easy is it to install them and then put on a full face helmet, like an Arai? Thanks.

ER6's work best. I own both the ER4's and the 6's and the 4's are just too long for extended comfort. The 6's do not stick out of the ear quite as much and are more rounded, so they are less likely to catch on anything.

The 4's do provide better sound quality, but the difference is generally lost amidst the normal motorcycling noises. I still use my 4's for working out and love the fidelity.

If you don't already, be sure to use a helmet liner such as the Helmet Slik. This will prevent the helmet from jarring loose the earbuds as you put it on...keeps the helmet cleaner, too! thumbsup.gif

The ER6/ER6i are the ones. Good price, excellent fidelity and isolation, and fit well under a helmet. The difference in the 'i' model is that it is intended to be a better match for portable players with increased sensitivity (louder for a given input level) and a slightly enhanced base response. I would recommend the 6i for motorcycle use.

+1 on the i's. They're actually better earplugs, noise reduction wise, than my regular earplugs. They are persnickety to put in and get a tight seal. I've found that pulling on the rear edge of my ear and moistening the plugs allows for a good seal.

MooreDriven

If decided on the ER6i's, I would recommend buying them from Comp-u-plus. They are charging $80. Hard to beat especially for the quality. Here's the link Comp-u-plus

+1 on the i's. They're actually better earplugs, noise reduction wise, than my regular earplugs. They are persnickety to put in and get a tight seal. I've found that pulling on the rear edge of my ear and moistening the plugs allows for a good seal.
I found getting a seal difficult too, that is until I went to the included foam earbuds instead of the rubber/plastic 3-flange earbud. Now the seal is easy to get each time, I don't have to moisten the plugs, and, most importantly, they are comfortable to the point of not even feeling them in my ears. The 3-flange earbud was a bit painful sometimes, while also becoming unsealed easily.

It's also important to note that the ER-6i now has a B or W designation for either the original white (W) color or a newer black (B) color to match the black iPods.

Archived