A detour around the lake..........

Francois_Dumas

Francois_Dumas

On my last day in France a week ago (how time flies !!) I returned from a meeting with a friend and decided to take the 'long way around' Lake Annecy. The short way was stuffed with traffic anyway.

Here are some pictures of my ride 'home'....

Parked at the opposite side of Duingt, one of the larger villages along the lake.

77580572-L.jpg

Annecy in the distance... with the castle in the middle.

77580573-L.jpg

Looking south, towards where I am headed.. another murky afternoon ....

77580574-L.jpg

This is the old castle at Duingt, poised at a strategic narrow point along the lake....

77580576-L.jpg

At this time of year all the boats are still covered, and besides a bunch of people on the lakefront at Annecy, there was nobody around.

This is the ideal time to visit France, really..... good weather and no crowds.

Finding a restaurant or shop that's open is a bit of a problem in many places, though...

77580577-L.jpg

77580578-L.jpg

I could not have done this in high season... no doubt a 'gendarme' would have quickly removed me !!!

77580579-L.jpg

These are my parting shots..... the evening before I was to ride home (via Switzerland and Frankfurt..... of which I have no pictures )

77580580-L.jpg

77580581-L.jpg

A lonely bike on a deserted parking lot, waiting for the filled cases to be attached....

77580582-L.jpg

A picture specially for Nina, showing the mess I made in our little appartment......

77580583-L.jpg

End of a fantastic week !

Firefight911

thumbsup.gif

Love the photos! Francois, it is so great to feel the fun in what you obviously enjoy so much.

Thanks for being such a giver! grin.gif

Francois_Dumas

Thanks Phil, and yes, I do enjoy every minute of my travels...... well.... bar the few hours of saddle saddle pain I had. But even then, 'getting there' eventually was some sort of comfort too wink.gif

Francois... you're killing me dude!

Great stuff as always.

I have a question though. Do you wash your bike every time you take a picture of it? grin.gif

Francois_Dumas

I have a question though. Do you wash your bike every time you take a picture of it? grin.gif

I just KNEW that question was going to pop up at some time...... so I took this picture.....

78537647-L.jpg

That was the dirtiest part I could find at the end of the Alps tour......

Actually, I washed the bike thoroughly twice in the two years I own it..... must be my 'cautious' riding style that keeps it clean..... that and my skillful slaloming around the bugs !! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

I just KNEW that question was going to pop up at some time...... so I took this picture.....

78537647-L.jpg

That was the dirtiest part I could find at the end of the Alps tour......

Actually, I washed the bike thoroughly twice in the two years I own it..... must be my 'cautious' riding style that keeps it clean..... that and my skillful slaloming around the bugs !! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

That's just amazing! Out here in desert EVERYTHING'S dirty ALL the time. And I'd really like to learn that slaloming trick...sometimes the bugs are so thick near the canals they sound like rain hitting the windshield.

Anyway...thanks once again for the great pix.

Cameron

Francois, your sharing sure makes the world seem smaller smile.gif

My daughter and I were in Annecy the past two days and after arriving home tonight I check the st.board to see your pics of the lake we swam in this morning grin.gif

The temps rose to 30C or so the past few days, so I can report the boat covers are off. In fact the boat ride we took today went right past the Duingt Castle. And yes, a great time of year..we booked a nice room right at the base of the Annecy Castle in your second pic only the day before we left Paris.

This was my first visit the the Haute-Savoie area, you're so fortunate to have the small apartment there...simply a beautiful area.

Thanks for the pics clap.gif

Francois_Dumas

Hi Stan, it IS a small world indeed ! Glad I was there before the high temps hit..... it can be very hot in the ATGATT down in the Savoie valleys smile.gif

Archived