IGNORED

Thermometer/oil level fixes

dshogman

Just saw on Jeff Dean's website that there are 2 Service Bulletins for warranty fixes for the computer oil level and thermometer problems on 2005 RTs. Anybody have them done yet? If so, do they really work?

Don't know about the oil level one (My oil level checker seems to be the only one that works absolutely fine).

I assume the thermometer one is where the sensor is moved from above the rear wheel to the front fairing (together with a software amendment). I've had this done and its not bad. Much more consistent and also less rain affected. On starting, the temperature tends to be spot on; after 6 to 7 miles, it suddenly climbs about 2C too high. Don't know why (might be electrical, might be heat from the oil cooler, might be something else) but I can live with it.

My oil level checker works fine as well. Now that I understand how it works I actually find it reasonably useful. My thermometer starts out reading very low and then rises to a temperature that is consistently 2.5C below the actual air temp. I am fine with that as its close enough and I can do the math easy enough. Since everything seems to be working fine on my bike I am bit reluctant to have any software updates done.

Archived