IGNORED

K LT Top Case Question

kinchy

Couchrocket

These two photos are of my friend Doug's KLT w/ the top box removed, and a nice custom rack on the back.

70809490-M.jpg

69430306-M.jpg

These two photos are of my friend Doug's KLT w/ the top box removed, and a nice custom rack on the back.

WOWSA! Man, that looks just great without the topcase!

The rack is well done, too....

I'll bet it handles a tad better at lower speeds as well.

Guess I know what my next project will be for the LT...

Thanks much for sharing!

Couchrocket

I'll bet it handles a tad better at lower speeds as well.

My friend, Doug, tells me that he really feels the difference at higher speeds = less drag / sail area. I've ridden this bike set up like this, but didn't have anything to compare with, and we were just putting around the PV Penninsula in SoCal, so I really couldn't feel / tell anything one way or the other.

I can tell you this, you get lots of stares from other MC riders . . . I'm thinking they are trying to figure out what the heck you're riding. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

BTW, you can find that rear rack at:

Thanks for the info-I've bookmarked em and have begun saving the pennies! wave.gif

My friend, Doug, tells me that he really feels the difference at higher speeds = less drag / sail area. I've ridden this bike set up like this, but didn't have anything to compare with, and we were just putting around the PV Penninsula in SoCal, so I really couldn't feel / tell anything one way or the other. I can tell you this, you get lots of stares from other MC riders . . . I'm thinking they are trying to figure out what the heck you're riding.

I did the same thing on my LT....and you just wouldn't believe the difference it makes!!

I have no doubt it will make a difference-anytime you remove 30 or so pounds from the highest point on a motorcycle it's got to make a difference!

And make no mistake-If I were to see the bike pictured above at a stoplight or across the street from me, as soon as I returned home I'd be online scouring the net looking for the "new" bike I just witnessed! dopeslap.gif

On a tangential thread, when I showed the other half these pics and told her I was really considering it, she made it pretty clear that she really didn't want to lose her backrest, so I hope the fine folks at the rack shop can add a custom backrest for me!

eek.gif

Archived