IGNORED

Conti Road Attack Tires

Darren

Hi Darren,

I think if you do a search you'll find one of your countrymen (Boffin) has fitted the Conti's and is quite happy with them. If he doesn't weigh in here do a search and you'll find his comments.

Hi Darren,

I think if you do a search you'll find one of your countrymen (Boffin) has fitted the Conti's and is quite happy with them. If he doesn't weigh in here do a search and you'll find his comments.

More than one of us - I have them on my R1150RT, & I was partly persuaded by "Boffins" postive report. I find them very comfortable, with apparently good grip wet & dry (who wants to find out too much on the highway ?) & at UK prices they are little more than half the cost of Bridgestones or Metzelers thumbsup.gif

Has anyone fitted these tires to an R1100RT, I have Bridgestone BT020 on at the moment

Thanks

Darren

Hi Darren, welcome to the board wave.gif

As Al and Martyn have said, I have the Contis in my R1150RT and I love them. I have got about 6K miles out of them vs 7K miles on BT020s. Given the price differential they are great value.

I have found the turn in and ride to be excellent, with confidence inspiring grip wet and dry. I managed to touch down a peg in the wet on a hairpin bend without drama.

I am going to get my second set fitted soon at Mitcheldever Tyres, based at Mitcheldever Station near the Junction of the A34 and A303. For R1150RT sizes I have been quoted £180 fitted to the bike. If you fit your own, you can get them from about £150 delivered. One important note: the Telelever forked bikes need the 'C' construction front.

Cya, Andy thumbsup.gif

Archived