IGNORED

Bar racks for R1100RT

Waterman

I have bought some bar racks to raise the handlebars up and back about one inch.

Has anybody had problems with this that would be good for me to know about?

I have been told to check the brake line and make sure it is not in a strain or being pulled.

As I recall, there's a nut on the underside of a couple of those bolts that affix the handlebars to the triple clamp. I think I figurd that out the hard way. tongue.gif

Are you sure you need them? Make sure you fix your posture before you go messing with the bike's ergonomics.

John Dickens
As I recall, there's a nut on the underside of a couple of those bolts that affix the handlebars to the triple clamp. I think I figurd that out the hard way.

The 2 bolts with nuts on the back are the ones which have the wire loop cable tidy on them.

They are self locking nuts and can chew up the bolt threads when you remove them. The bolts can then chew the thread in the alloy.

You may need to cut a couple of ty-wraps to free the wiring then re-tie them when you've finished.

All the cables and the brake hose should have enough slack to handle the barbacks.

I put some on my 99 and later took them off. Very straight forward to install, no big deal at all. The windscreen switch did hit my tank bag when the bars were turned nearly to left side lock, but that is not much of a deal either.

Archived