IGNORED

BMW System V Helmet

Darren

Have just got my hands on a new System V. Its so quiet, and its great for fitting an intercom into, with special pockets for the speakers,it took about 20 minutes to fit. the only down side it the routing of the boom mike, which sits on top of the left cheek pad. If you use the BMW bluetooth kit its mike is in the brow area above your eyes. You guys in the New World are missing out on a great helmet. I dont work for BMW and have to spend my own hard earned on my kit

Ride Safe

Darren

John Bentall

From what I have read the quality of the Autocom/Starcom boom mikes is far better than the System 5 bluetooth microphone. Apparently that sounds muffled, as though one is talking inside an inverted goldfish bowl (or is that a helmet!). A good excuse to cut short the call.

Having spent an hour in my local dealer and eaves dropping on someone complaining about the bluetooth unit, I'm glad I only bought the helmet. For less than the price of one complete system I have 4 helmets wired up for use on my bike. And you need to by 2 sets to be able to talk to your passenger, at over £500 per helmet its not cheap

Darren

I tried one on at BMW Bangkok last week and I must concur it felt like a very nice helmet. Just not a very nice helmet at $800 US currency ;)

I have had the system V since Jan 06 and it has been great in all weather once I changed to the double visor. I also use it with the Autocom and the sound clarity is excellent.

Bob

In the past, I thought that BMW helmets are not available here in the states because BMW doesn't want that. So no DOT+SNELL testing, and no helmets at your local dealer.

Is that (still) the case? Is there any reasoning for not doing this?

Leon

John Bentall

Nobody from BMW North America has ever replied to this frequent question.

However the Schuberth helemts are just as good if not better than the BMW helmets, and, now that the Bluesonic system has been released in Germany, also offer Bluetooth functionality.

Archived