IGNORED

R12RT UK swap - Black lowers for Silver lowers

graemer57

Apologies if this is the wrong area for this post

I am based in Kent and have an 05 Piemont Red R12RT with Black lower fairing. Anyone out there with silver lowers and wish they had black ones? I might be interested in doing a swap! Bike has covered 4500 miles and they are in good condition

A wise man you are! I swapped the black lowers for silver lowers on my RT. Lo and behold the bike is 8 mph faster and gets 10% better fuel economy! <g>

Seriously, I swapped with a list member whose bike is black and we both gained appearance wise, I think. The swap was very easy. The only problem being that we had two screws left over from both bikes. I later found where they belong and rectified the matter.

Hi Ben

I hummed and ha'd over which colour to get and finally plumped for the the black lowers. It wasn't until I finally saw a red/silver model 'in the flesh' at a dealers a couple of weeks ago that I realised I had made the wrong choice... and that was without even considering the speed and fuel consumption benefits LOL smile.gif

I don't know if BMW ships all red RTs with the black lowers unless the dealer specifies otherwise but I do see very few with silver lowers which I think look better than black with the red bodywork. By the same token, I think black bikes look much better with black lowers. One man's opinion...

I agree, now all I need is somone who has ordered black over silver and wishes it was black over black! :-)

The main reason I chose silver lowers,over black, was I thought it would not show the dirt as bad as black, and I was right thumbsup.gif

Archived