IGNORED

A hearty "Thanks!" to the UnRally-V Un-Organizing Crew!!

KMG_365

I just had to put in another word of sincere thanks to Tasker and his team, and for those of you who missed out, well . . . you REALLY missed out. frown.gif

Please don't let it happen again! grin.gif

Hat's off to the head UnOrganizer: Tasker Day! clap.gif

77951482-L.jpg

Tasker assembled and coordinated an excellent team who worked VERY hard to pull off another successful event. In charge of registrations and sign in: Ken ("Ken H.") and Donna Harbeck! clap.gif

77948969-L.jpg

For those of you who got the route sheets with all the excellent info for routes, loops and things to see: Steve Knapp! clap.gif

77949160-L.jpg

I thought I read somewhere that Paul Burkett helped out with some of the routing work (that's Christiane on the right thoroughly enjoying her ice cream cone! dopeslap.gif ): thumbsup.gif

77950810-L.jpg

"MattS" did the yeoman's job of creating the website and other design details of the UnRally. Sadly, he couldn't join us this year ( frown.gif ), but here's a pic from last year's UnRally in Staunton, VA:

25152832-L.jpg

Is there anyone else I missed? confused.gif

Three cheers for another great UnRally!

Hip, hip! clap.gif

Hip, hip! clap.gif

Hip, hip! clap.gif

I wonder where we're going next year?? wink.gifgrin.gif

I also thought I'd add a few honorable mentions as long as I've got the podium: thumbsup.gif

Paul Mihalka aka: "Old Fart", overall inspiration, the "Godfather of BMWSportTouring.com" and the keeper of the official UnRally count-down!

77950835-L.jpg

One of the early DB folks who made so much of what we enjoy today possible--the one who knew we were finally big enough to have our own "(Un)Rally", one of the founding fathers of the Tech Daze, and the biggest "feeler" and "spreader" of "the love" this group is famous for: Tom "Fast Mo-Fo" Roe! clap.gif

77951720-L.jpg

BTW, the Moderators had virtually no "work" to do with the Un once the UnOrganizer had stepped forward and had chosen his team, so all thanks and praise is due Tasker and the others above. We could just show up and enjoy ourselves hanging out with old friends, making many new ones, and riding the beautiful Colorado mountain roads!

We were really sad that "Cary" Littell (BMWRT.com's Founder), David "Rider" Baker (BMWRT/ST.com's Proprietor Emeritus) and Moderator Denny "Tool" Pavletich could not join us as their plans changed late in the game. We also missed Mods David "Voodoo" Mandel, John "Spike" Spicer, and Andy "Boffin" Long, but we're not going to give them too much grief as their lives are busy enough (but Andy, what's a few trillion gallons of water between friends, hmmmmm? grin.gif )

We did manage to coax out the elusive Moderator "Mike" Boomgarden from Chicago to grace us with his presence! Here's some of the Moderating Team that made it to Gunnison:

L-R: Jamie "KMG_365" Edmonds, Leslie "Les_is_more" Edmonds (BMWST.com's newest Proprietor, "Mama Hoon" and "Queen of the Moderators"), "Mike" Boomgarden, "Fernando Belair", Howard "Philly Flash" Rush.

77950701-L.jpg

Believe it or not, only David and Mitch had ever met "Mike" in the flesh prior to this week, so we were all anxious to have our picture taken with him--just to prove to others that he really does exist! Here's Lisa "90% angel" Bynum, "Mike" and the "Mad Mod" himself: "russell (bounce bounce) bynum"

77949973-L.jpg

Newlywed Mod Mitch "Joe Frickin' Friday" (or equivalent "Handle-du-jour") Patrie and Masako Patrie took time out from their honeymoon to show up on a rented Goldwing rather than miss the party! clap.gif

77950092-L.jpg

I'm still coming down from the "High" that was Gunnison, or was it the 117.5*F heat that we had to ride home through! eek.gifgrin.gif

I'm sorry I missed meeting a few of the new folks this time out but in any case, Leslie and I hope to see many more of you somewhere down the road at a gathering near (or perhaps not so near! dopeslap.gif ) YOU!! clap.gif

77949645-L.jpg

Firefight911

Please don't let it happen again!

Yes Sir!!

OK, this looks just too cool for school! This darn bad four letter word stuff (starts with W!!!!!!!!!!) is REALLY getting in the way of all the fun. How long til fall Torrey????????? Too long!!!!

Look forward to partaking in the pleasures in a town near, or far from you. Soon! thumbsup.gif

Thanks for the pics!

Thanks Jamie for saying exactly what I would have had said, had I the pictures and the abillity to type a post like that without spending two day to do it clap.gifclap.gif Truly a great bunch of people

Jamie, thanks for posting pics for some of the "forces" behind this great gathering.

Man, am I sorry I missed this event. I'll have to double my efforts to make it next year!

Ditto to what Jamie said. For me this was a "cementing" UN, e.i., I set in concrete connections with folks and hardened my resolve to make as many bmwrt.com (okay, I'll try to start using bmwst.com) events as possible.

Thanks again to all the Unorganizers and Jamie & Leslie, just because.

Cheers,

Kirsten

Believe it or not, only David and Mitch had ever met "Mike" in the flesh prior to this week,

NOT!! My boy Jake "the MadCap" McConnell has met MadMike prior.....and I could prolly say Jake was a mod at the time as well. Get your facts straight Mister. grin.gif

May I say...Leslie gets hotter every pic I see of her. What a lovely, LOVELY lady. Life just beams from her. thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Very sorry I missed this Un. Gunny is a special place for many reasons. Sure good to see all the smiles. Even the twisted, evil smirk of Knappy. eek.gif

Lone_RT_rider
Believe it or not, only David and Mitch had ever met "Mike" in the flesh prior to this week,

NOT!! My boy Jake "the MadCap" McConnell has met MadMike prior.....and I could prolly say Jake was a mod at the time as well. Get your facts straight Mister. grin.gif

It seems that this mysterious man isn't as mysterious as everyone would believe. There was a good size crew that had met him at one of the Chi-town xmas parties, myself included. smile.gif

Shawn

It seems that this mysterious man isn't as mysterious as everyone would believe. There was a good size crew that had met him at one of the Chi-town xmas parties, myself included. smile.gif

Shawn

You're right, Shawn, though my shape-shifting capabilities make it appear that I'm more elusive than I actually am (actually, my shape shifting has more to do with my age and the forces of gravity grin.gif ).

But, back to the topic that started this all . . . this was, indeed, my first Un, and I was mightily impressed by it all. You can really tell when people not only put their time, but also their hearts, into something, and Tasker and crew made it a great event. Thanks, gang! thumbsup.gif

Okay, I should've clarified: of the current and very recent mods . . . . As Mike had never been able to make it to a gathering before now, you had to make the pilgrimage to Chi-Town Mecca! grin.gif
Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs

My first UN, and I can't wait until the next one! Of course, Leslie and I have had talks about my hosting one and a possible location, we'll just have to see if the other location fall through... grin.gifthumbsup.gif

Thanks Tasker!...and Ken, Donna, Steve, Matt, and everyone who did the little things too, like Az Al who thoughtfully brought me a crushed beer can so my bike wouldn't tip over when I arrived at camp. smile.gif

Shawn

Ahh, I'm still not sure. This guy, claiming to be "Mike" did show up at the 04 Chi-town Christmas party, but I still think he was just a hologram. A finely dressed hologram, but a figment of our collective imaginations nonetheless.

The Gunnison figment sure had a purdy bike, though.

704809-12291059-L.jpg

704809-12291059-L.jpg.e81776de623aa56229e7aceb602888e9.jpg

I had a wonderful time putting faces to the names and getting to know a bit more about so many of our members. I rode some incredible roads. It seems that in Colorado you can't find a bad one. And I had a generous and flexible riding partner in SageRider.

I'd like to personally thank Tasker for all his hard work, Ken and Donna for their dilligence, Knappy for his route electrickery, and all those who helped make this a great event. Also thanks to Dick Frantz who suggested a ride up to Redstone. I had no "official" plans for the last day. Redstone was absolutely perfect.

Les is more

Organizing and helping to put together an Unrally is a wonderful gift to the site. Getting the chance to meet face to face, break bread and ride with members of our cyber family is such a treat.

The time that you put in to make this happen is deeply appreciated, Tasker. You chose top notch folks for your team in Ken & Donna, Knappy and Matt. Together you created an opportunity for us to be together in the beauty that surrounds Gunnison.

Thank you all!

Archived