IGNORED

Right hand mirror housing for an RT1100..how much should I pay?

Edwin

Hello members:

I have a 96 RT1100 Glacier Green. Rode it to San Fran the other day, and found a note on it. The writer says he has a new mirror housing to replace my chopped up one. Says he'll give it to me for half price.

Before I call him about it, I wanted to hear what you think it's worth, or the highest price I should pay. The old one doesn't bother me much, but it would be nice to have it look clean.

What do you think?

Best to all.

Ed

Ed

Typical pricing for used parts is 50% or less of retail. You can go online to Bob's BMW and search their catalog for pricing or call your local dealer. I would try Mike at www.beemerboneyard.com, Richard at www.re-psycle.com, and Josh at www.partshaus.com for used mirrors. I have done business with all three companies and all of the folks there have been great to me. Good luck with your search

Jerry Johnston

I priced one for my 96 and the dealer in Clarkston wanted approx. $300 for it. ( I didn't buy it since mine is just scratched, not broken).

I just ordered one for $257 from A&S Cycle. Prices I checked ranged from $205 from Chicago BMW to $291 at the local stealer. If you can get the mirror for $100-$125 you're getting a heck of a deal.

Archived